Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

3 Lights on on my Mk 1 Sure Signal, but no 3g Signal at home

Buckham
4: Newbie

Hi 

Based on reading the Forum posts, I think I need a re-synch of the sure signal. The Sure Signal has been working great for months and then for no reason ceased on 28th June and hasn't come back up. It displays 3 lights as it should if all OK, and soft and hard resets see the 3 lights come back up within minutes.

Can one of the Vodafone tech experts advise on next steps and re-synch if this is the obvious next step?

Many thanks

Chris Buckham

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eureka! Problem solved and Sure Signal working again. Solution seems to have been when the Internet connection failed and the router needed rebooting. Once it rebooted and the Internet came back up again the Sure Signal started working immediately. Next time I'll try a router reboot first.

Thanks for your help.

Chris Buckham

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

Hi Buckham,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Before we try it on a different connection, can you let me know if this happens on all of the phones connected to the Sure Signal or just the iPhone?

Also, to test this on a different connection, this needs to be at a different address.

James

HI

It is just with iphones, but there are two of them a 5 and a 4. When we got the 5 we had a problem but the 4 has always worked. Now neither are working.

When you say connect on a different connection, can it be the same postcode or does it need to be phyically further away?

Let me know.

Thanks

Chris Buckham

Hi Buckham,

It can be at the same postcode as long as it’s a different internet provider.

As this only happens with the iPhones and the other phones work fine it would suggest that there isn’t a problem with the connection or the Sure Signal so we shouldn’t need to test it on a different connection.

Have you recently updated the software on your iPhones?

Also can you tell me what happens if you put the iPhones into aeroplane mode for 15 seconds and then back to phone mode?

Does this pick up the Sure Signal?

I can see that your Sure Signal (21196982876) connected this morning so everything should be working fine.

James

Eureka! Problem solved and Sure Signal working again. Solution seems to have been when the Internet connection failed and the router needed rebooting. Once it rebooted and the Internet came back up again the Sure Signal started working immediately. Next time I'll try a router reboot first.

Thanks for your help.

Chris Buckham

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Buckham,

Great news! 

Anytime the internet connection goes down it's worth rebooting the router. It may be holding onto old connections to a number of gadgets, not just the Sure Signal.

If you have any other  problems down the line, you know where we are. :smileyhappy:

Dave