Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

3 Lights on on my Mk 1 Sure Signal, but no 3g Signal at home

Buckham
4: Newbie

Hi 

Based on reading the Forum posts, I think I need a re-synch of the sure signal. The Sure Signal has been working great for months and then for no reason ceased on 28th June and hasn't come back up. It displays 3 lights as it should if all OK, and soft and hard resets see the 3 lights come back up within minutes.

Can one of the Vodafone tech experts advise on next steps and re-synch if this is the obvious next step?

Many thanks

Chris Buckham

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eureka! Problem solved and Sure Signal working again. Solution seems to have been when the Internet connection failed and the router needed rebooting. Once it rebooted and the Internet came back up again the Sure Signal started working immediately. Next time I'll try a router reboot first.

Thanks for your help.

Chris Buckham

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Chris,

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread? :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Buckham,

I found your Sure Signal serial number from a previous post you made.

I’ve checked it for you and it’s showing a Location Move has been detected.

This can be caused by changes made by your Internet Service Provider or by a software update they’ve sent to your router.

I’ve changed the postcode to a different one and back to the original one to remove that message.

I’ve just performed a resync for you. To make sure the resync completes, can you perform a factory reset:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights display, release the reset button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in about an hour

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks

Andrew

Just done the hard reset. Will post the outcome later today.

Thanks for your rapid response.

Chris Buckham

Hi Andrew

Tried two hard resets - one yesterday, and one today, but no joy. Still got the three lights on, but no 3G signal.

What this the next logical step to resolve?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris Buckham

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Buckham

Thanks for coming back to us.

Do you have the option of trying a different Ethernet cable to see if that helps? Or test it with a different connection?

Sukhi

Hi Sukhi

Yes I can try another ethernet cable.

When you say try another location, do you mean de-register the Sure Signal at my current address and then register it at another and then de-register and bring it back to my current location as if it were a new device? Please advise.

Many thanks

Chris Buckham

Tried another cable which made no difference - still not working

Can you advise on next steps please (? de-register, re-register?).

Thanks

Chris Buckham

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I’ve checked your serial number and can see that your Sure Signal connected to our servers yesterday at 22:54. Are you still unable to connect?

If you are, the next thing to try would be a different connection (a family member or friend etc).

You won’t need to de-register and re-register it to try this, just go into your admin dashboard through your online account and change the postcode to that of the new location.

If the Sure Signal works at the new location, we’ll need a little more information to determine where the cause lies. Can you provide the following please:-

Your speed test results from here.
Your ping test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.
The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew

Still not working, and I'm slightly confused by your post.

Are you suggesting I physically take the Sure Signal away to another location, or are you suggesting I fool it into thinking it's moved by changing the post code location but actually leaving it where it is?

Let me know.

Thanks

Chris Buckham