Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4th attempt to deregister SureSignal

pintstabilo
2: Seeker

Hello hoping someone can help as this is my 4th attempt, I've used Online Chat, waited in a phone queue for 40 mins (eventually got cut off) and been into my local Vodafone shop (40 mins away), although I should say the young man in the shop went out of his way to help and thought he'd sorted it.

The basic problem is our SureSignal device appears in my online account but is registerered under my wifes account and I'm only a registered user so am unable to manage it.

Sadly my wife has recently passed away and all of our family contracts etc have been transferred into my account except the SureSignal was not deregistered so I'm unable to register under my account.

My wifes account has now been closed so although I have the account details I'm unable to deregister the device.

I'd have thought it would be simple enough to deregister the device having provided every level of detail available.

So we have a device we paid for and depend on as we live in a rural location with poor coverage but I'm unable to manage.

Any help would be greaty appreciated.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

pintstabilo

After another 30 minute phone call and being passed to 2 different departments a very helpful lady promised me this was now sorted but sadly it is still not.

Our SureSignal device still appears on my account registered to my late wife who's account, I've been told by several different people/departments no longer exists.

How hard can this be, I've now wasted approximately 6 hours of my life trying to get this device deregistered so I can simply register it in my name.

I'm having to deal with a plethora of bureaucracy relating to my wife's passing and everything has been straightforward all except Vodafone. For a company of this size it's shockingly bad and unacceptable.

I'm now quite close to cancelling my 4 Vodafone contracts, it will certianly influence my decision on renewal. Our children previously had contracts with Tesco mobile who's customer service was exemplary.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @pintstabilo 

We'll need to access your account to help further. Please contact us here.

Thanks,

Sukhi

Hi Sukhi,

Have replied as requested.

Many thanks.

Hi @pintstabilo 

I can see we’ve got your latest email and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.

Thanks,

Sarah

Finally appears to be resolved, I've now managed to register our SureSIgnal device under my account.

Many thanks.