Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

A few issues with my Sure Signal V2

deejayburnout
4: Newbie
Peeps

I bought a 2nd hand sure signal and it's a great device as my new home has a poor signal without it.

However I have been having a couple of issues with it.

1. Sometimes it just drops out. It turned on and I have a full signal and all of a sudden I loose it. Sometimes the 2nd of the 3 lights flashes and sometimes it is lit. Right now the SS is on, the light is solid and I have no 3G.

2. I was on a call with my sister and she could barely hear me when calling through the SS. I turned it off, called her back and I was as clear as day.

My broadband connection Is through Plusnet and it's around a 5MB download speed.
i can tear a phone book in half with 1 hand
27 REPLIES 27

Hi deejayburnout

This issue is generally caused by one of two things. Either there’s a low upload speed, or you have the Sure Signal too close to the router.

The Sure Signal ideally needs to be at least one metre away from the router. Try moving your Sure Signal as far away as you can.

Thanks

Simon

deejayburnout
OK.

So I moved the SS further away from the router and replaced the ethernet cable with a better one.

Hopefully my upload speed of 0.38kbps should be enough for at least one person to be on a call.

latest Update

looks like we are still having issues with the suresignal.

i called my wife today from my work landline and i could not hear a word she was saying.

is my upload speed too slow???

Hi deejayburnout,

Your upload speed is on the minimum required.

Please test this by turning off any other devices, within the house that are using your internet connection.

Thanks,

Gemma

deejayburnout
Hi.

My sure signal has been working fine for the last 5 days. I was able to make calls OK and receive them without issues at all.

Now all of a sudden (on Sunday) it stopped working and still has not came back on. As of just now is not working at all.

Can someone recheck it to see if its OK server end. Thanks.

Hi deejayburnout,

Everything looks fine with the registration.

Are you seeing any lights on the Sure Signal at all?

James

deejayburnout
Hi.

Looks like its working again. Getting a full signal now. Just need to check the call quality now.

deejayburnout
Been running for the last few weeks and it been good and bad. If I make a call, most of the time the person cannot hear me. If I recieve a call, its more often than not OK.

I am wondering if my upload speed of my broadband is too slow or my SS is too close to my router.

It is about 1.2m away from it. Is this not far enough.

Hi deejayburnout

Over a metre away is plenty enough distance.

The link to the speedtest on your original post no longer works. What’s your upload speed?

Thanks

Simon

Hi

my upload speed is 0.36mb

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3509358181