Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Acquired a second sure signal box but needs de-registering

pipworks
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hello, I've acquired a second sure signal box from a friend who has since moved abroad.

I already have a sure signal at my home that works fine, but I have a second home that I'd like to set up the new box in.

So I have two questions:

1. Can I have two sure signal boxes on my account? If not I'll transfer it to my partners Vodafone account.

2. How do I go about de-registering a sure signal box that the registered owner no longer has an account for and the account holder no longer lives in the uk?

Thanks for any help and/or advice

P.s. The signal box serial number is 21197134881
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hello pipworks

You shouldn't have any problems having 2 Sure Signals at different locations registered to your account.

Due to data protection regulations, only the friend you have purchased the Sure Signal from can ask Vodafone to deregister the device.   If you can contact your friend, Vodafone will still be able to locate the closed account and deregister the device.  

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

AnnS

Hello pipworks

You shouldn't have any problems having 2 Sure Signals at different locations registered to your account.

Due to data protection regulations, only the friend you have purchased the Sure Signal from can ask Vodafone to deregister the device.   If you can contact your friend, Vodafone will still be able to locate the closed account and deregister the device.