Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Adding a new user to a SureSignal

nakednorman
4: Newbie

Hello, Newbie here - please be gentle.

I'm in a poor signal area & my last provider wouldn't sell me a Femtocell so I ported to VF and bought a Sure Signal box. Everything works perfectly - very impressed.

Yesterday I ported my wife's number into VF and that went well, but 'My Vodafone' won't let me add her number to the list of users on the Sure Signal. I get this error:

Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

• Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes. If you keep seeing this message, please contact us through the help centre.

I have an old 'emergency' phone so I put a VF SIM in that & activated it. That number adds to the VSS list without a problem (but I can't tell if it work because it's not a 3G phone).

So, it's just the number that we ported in yesterday that is a problem - any pointers, please?

Rgds,

NN

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

IT'S FIXED !!!!

My wife has even offered to return my clothes.

But it's summer now!  - who cares:smileyhappy:

Many thanks to all who have helped with this problem.

Best regards,

NN

View solution in original position

20 REPLIES 20

nakednorman
4: Newbie

Update:

I added a £10 top-up to my wife's phone but although I got a Rewardz Code, the credit didn't show up on the phone. I phoned VF to query this & a very helpfull Scottish lady sorted it out manually and asked about any other problems - I mentioned not being able to add the new number to the VSS.

She progressed this through various VF departments but the Tech guys couldn't add the new number either, so it looks as if something went wrong in the porting process.

A fault has been raised & I have to wait 5 days now.

Rgds,

NN

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi nakednorman,

I’m sorry to see the problems you’re having with adding your wife’s number to your Sure Signal.

I’m pleased to see that this has now been raised to be looked into further though. :Smiling:

If you do need us to check anything else take a look here for how to get in touch.

Thanks,

Jenny 

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for your interest in this problem.

I followed your link and filled in the form but when I clicked "Next" it went to an error page so I'm not sure if you'll receive it.  Let me know if I need to send it again.

Best Regards,

NN

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi nakednorman

I've tried searching for your email but not been able to find anything. Can you resend here please?

Thanks

Sukhi

Hi Sukhi,

I've resent my email and I didn't get an error page this time.

Best regards,

NN

Hello,

I've received this reply to my email:

Thanks for your email.

The mobile number 0xxxxxxx307 is not a valid Vodafone number. If this number is still in process of being ported, you should wait until the process completes. You can't add it to your Vodafone Sure Signal until it's ported in completely.

Also, note that if the service provider for that number is different even though the network provider is Vodafone, you won't be able to add it to your Sure Signal device.

Many thanks,

Darshit Soni

Vodafone Customer Services

It would explain why I can't add my wife's number to my VSS, but my doubts are because my wife's number was ported in on Wednesday 29th May, surely it should have completed by now? Calls can be made & received on that number.

Also, I don't understand the part about the service provider being different from the network provider - it was a straight forward porting in with a PAC number.

Could someone check / explain, please?

Best regards,

NN

Hello,

I'm still unable to add my wife's number to my VSS (other numbers are OK).

Could someone please check if her number ported in correctly on Wed 29th May?

Best regards,

NN

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi NN,

Thanks for posting. Have you responded to the email keeping the subject code we gave you the same?

We're not able to discuss account specific things like your number in a public environment like this for security reasons, but we'll be happy to check this for you if you have replied to the email. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

Hi Ben,

Yes, I've responded but I don't seem to be progressing very well.

My wife will never give my clothes back at this rate 🙂

The subject code is “WRT165” [#11523166]

Best regards,

NN