Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Adding a new user to a SureSignal

nakednorman
4: Newbie

Hello, Newbie here - please be gentle.

I'm in a poor signal area & my last provider wouldn't sell me a Femtocell so I ported to VF and bought a Sure Signal box. Everything works perfectly - very impressed.

Yesterday I ported my wife's number into VF and that went well, but 'My Vodafone' won't let me add her number to the list of users on the Sure Signal. I get this error:

Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

• Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes. If you keep seeing this message, please contact us through the help centre.

I have an old 'emergency' phone so I put a VF SIM in that & activated it. That number adds to the VSS list without a problem (but I can't tell if it work because it's not a 3G phone).

So, it's just the number that we ported in yesterday that is a problem - any pointers, please?

Rgds,

NN

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

IT'S FIXED !!!!

My wife has even offered to return my clothes.

But it's summer now!  - who cares:smileyhappy:

Many thanks to all who have helped with this problem.

Best regards,

NN

View solution in original position

20 REPLIES 20

Hello Team - please help !

I'm 5 days into this problem now.  I still have a very irate wife and apart from a nice even suntan, I have gained very little in trying to resolve this situation.

Is there any way that you can "un-port" her number and try again to "re-port" it?  Perhaps a 'reset' or something similar may resolve the problem so that I can add her number to my VSS.

There is definitely something strange about the way her number is behaving: I Topped-up with a £10 Freedom Freebee (see second post) - it had to have manual intervention.  But I now notice that her credit is reducing when I expected the calls/texts to have come from the Free minutes/texts.  I believe something has gone badly wrong with the porting of this number - would you please check/reset it for me?

Best regards,

NN

Hello again,

Would you please examine the reply I've just had to email “WRT165” [#11523166] ?

It states that my wife's number is not a valid Vodafone number.

Dialing *#100# returns the correct number.

We can make calls from this number.  We can receive calls on this number.

My wife has a 'My Vodafone' login with this number.

But the email says that there isn't a Vodafone account with this number.

It would seem to confirm that the 'porting in' process fouled up.

No wonder the poor old VSS has trouble with her number.

PLEASE sort it out.

Best regards,

NN

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi NN,

Thanks for your time on the phone! Enjoy the rest of the sunshine and feel free to score our call here. My manager loves a bit of feedback. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

Hi Ben,

Many thanks for your call today - it was great to get some help with this.

My VSS has recycled & is now back online, but STILL I can't add my wife's number to its list.

It still presents the same error as in post number 1, and puts a red star by her number.

More help, please.

Best regards,

Brian

PS Thanks for your texts - they reached both phones.

Hi nakednorman,

As the number is live there shouldn’t be any problems.

I’ve just pulled your last email into my queue so that I can pick this up with our support teams in the morning and see what’s happening for you.

James

Hi James,

Darshit (surname removed) is looking at a file that doesn't include my wife's number.

I think the VSS is looking at the same file !

It fails to add it to the VSS list because her number isn't in that file and can't be verified as a VF number.

It was still failing at 22:20 hrs tonight.

Best regards,

NN

Hi James,

It's still failing to add my wife's number at 09:10 hrs this morning.

Error as in post number 1.

Best regards,

NN

Hi nakednorman, 

Thanks for the information. I've spoken to James and our support teams are looking into this. 

We hope to have an update for you shortly. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Hello,

IT'S FIXED !!!!

My wife has even offered to return my clothes.

But it's summer now!  - who cares:smileyhappy:

Many thanks to all who have helped with this problem.

Best regards,

NN

"Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

• Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes. If you keep seeing this message, please contact us through the help centre."

I have two sure signals, phones have added fine to one of them , I get the above message when trying to add them to the other