Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Additional Registered User Does Not Have Signal

usura77
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

After not having normal cell network connectivity at home since Friday, which is due to an issue with the local mast, I decided to buy a Sure Signal Version 3 (VSS3) from my local vodafone store. I registered the VSS3 without a problem and within 10-20 minutes I got full 3G signal on my iPhone 5 at home. Sweet!

However I also registered my girlfriends phone number, who recently moved to Vodafone, so that she could receive and make calls from our home too.

This is where the problem starts, despite me having no problems whatsoever my girlfriend still does not have any signal, despite receiving text messages informing her that she is registered. I have tried unregistering and re-registering her without any success. I have had a look through the Troubleshooting thread and could find anything that helped solve this problem. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi 

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi usura77,

Is your girlfriend’s phone now picking up a signal?

If not, we’ll need the information that Matt’s post asks for to be able to look into this for you.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew

I think it was as simple as Lucy not having 3G switched on. But I will check again when I get home. Thanks for chasing this up.

Tom