Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Additional Sure Signal

JT0307
2: Seeker

I want to add another Sure Signal device to an existing network.  The additional sure signal will be over 30m away and will have an ethernet port. 

Do you know if I need to register this device to the same number or a different number? 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

It is possible to register more than two Sure Signal devices on the same broadband connection, but we can't guarantee service on all setups. The things to bear in mind are:

• Your upload and download speeds will need to have double or more of the standard speed requirement.
  • You'll need to register each device under a different mobile number.
  • Handover of a call between the two units isn't possible, so you may experience drop out mid call if walking from one to other.
  • It's a good idea to keep them far enough apart so they don't interfere with each other.

Cheers, Ben

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

jmac7

i have recently added a second sure signal as i had the same problem as you,i phoned vodafone to ask if i could do this and the customer service adviser did not have a clue,told me i would have to get a second phone line,then a second router and then put me on hold for ages so i hung up,i phoned back again and got someone  else and was told it was possible but i might need to reconfigure my router,i bought the second sure signal,plugged it in to a powerline adapter in the garage(i have one connected to the router and another in the garage where the second sure signal is- the broadband goes through the electric cables)registered  the second sure signal on the vodafone website and after about an hour it is going perfectly-i now have perfect signal in my house and my garage(office)

Thanks for the reply.

When you registered the second sure signal, did you register it on the same account/number as the first sure signal?

Thank you

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

It is possible to register more than two Sure Signal devices on the same broadband connection, but we can't guarantee service on all setups. The things to bear in mind are:

• Your upload and download speeds will need to have double or more of the standard speed requirement.
  • You'll need to register each device under a different mobile number.
  • Handover of a call between the two units isn't possible, so you may experience drop out mid call if walking from one to other.
  • It's a good idea to keep them far enough apart so they don't interfere with each other.

Cheers, Ben

Thank you

jmac7
yes logged into same account,went into manage sure signal ,added another one and that was it