Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Again, can't use phone.

moany3000
4: Newbie
Yet again I'm unable to use my phone. This is now the 3rd time in 6 months that I have had more than a days disruption. The first time was on and off for 3 weeks. An apparent faulty mast,
The second time for a week yet Vodafone told me there's were no known issues. Now today nor me or my wife have been unable to use our phones. We either see no signal on phone, (despite being at home sat next to my sure signal), or, I see a good signal but when I try to make a call get a message saying not connected to network. I live in Bridport in Dorset, when I'm out of town it works fine, so I know its not the phone. Getting totally fed up with this now. Is there a point were I can say Vodafone are not are not forfilling their side of the contract, we have 3 phones in our house on Vodafone, I would rather give my money for a reliable service.
9 REPLIES 9

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Are you saying that even the Sure Signal isn't getting you a signal? That device is totally independent of the Vodafone network and would work in the middle of no where as long as there is a broadband connection.

I'm afraid that there isn't a point where you can say that Vodafone isn't fulfilling it's side of the contract as they are not obliged to provide a service in any particular place. You can however get a refund of the monthly cost if there is an outage that lasts more than three days.

You need to complete the network troubleshooting form to let the team here look at the issue for you and that can be found here

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

moany3000
I'm sat next to the sure signal, my broadband is working fine as I'm on wife now, yet I have only 1 bar of signal, if I try to call it tells me I'm not connected to the network. Our may let me call every now and then but soon comes back to nor connected again.

If I don't pay, Vodafone take away my service, why should I pay for somebody I'm not getting, I was advised that I would be refunded for the loss of signal the first time but it never happened. Roll on the end of my contract.

moany3000
Apologies for poor spelling. Swipe texting.

jeffkinn

The first thing I would do it try and work out what is happening with the Sure Signal. There is a Sure Signal troubleshooting guide here. Also the eforum tech team are great at getting Sure Signals working properly.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

vodaexpert
12: Established
Hi,

I advice you to get a nrw simcard for your handset, you can order a simcard from customer service or walk in to the store. If issue still persist then tech team will help you with it.

You can also check real time coverage from website, simply type coverage Checker in search result and add your area postcode

moany3000
I have done the coverage checker, it says there are no known issues. I don't believe it is a sim card issue as the problem is on my galaxy s4, my wife's galaxy s4, my daughters iPhone 4 & my company issued iPhone 5.

With regards to the sure signal, if I go half a mile down the Road to the town centre where I would normally get great signal, it doesn't work.

Given these two pieces of info, how can it be either the sim card ( on all 4 phones?). Or the sure signal when problem persists away from home.

jeffkinn

The Sure Signal signal and the network signal have nothing to do with one another. If you aren't getting a signal that is one problem. If you aren't getting a signal outside that is another problem. They might be linked but as it's happening on a number of handsets it isn't likely.

The solution to all of this probably needs to happen in stages. I'd start with the Sure Signal.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

vodaexpert
It is for sure an issue with the network however it will be best to wait till eforum tech team look into this, I have always found coverage checker very reliable but you never know wgen masts are down.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi moany3000,

Please follow the Sure Signal troubleshooting guide that Jeffkinn posted above.

We can take a look at the sites in the area where you usually have a signal, please post step 6 from here.

Thanks,

Gemma