Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

All LIGHTS WORKING, PHONE CALLS WORKING, DATA NOT WORKING

boe32
8: Helper

Im so fed up with this vss v2, i can make and receive calls just fine, but when it comes to using th internet or syncing my phone, the damn data will just freeze up, the data light shows im conected but my dsl light on my modem shows no activity, my normal internet works fine at 47meg down and 9meg up, itsjust this damn box, its either broken or your network is doing it on purpose, i upgraded my tarrif to get extra data, and i cant use it, i feel conned and ripped off, i now pay £42 amonth for my tarrif from a previous £29, theres no issue between the router and the box, its connected fine as i can make and receive calls, my phone isnt the only one thats affected, all phones attached to the vss are the same, the data frezes up, we get a little boost after around 30mins or so then it stops again, this is a joke, as our phones work better and faster without the sure signal box, i think your throttling the amount of data that can be used at any one time, or my vss is broke, or your server is naffed, either way i want it rectified, and if the vss is broke i want a replacement, im not beating around the bush, as im so pead with this, money spent for useless crap.

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  BThomehub.home [192.168.1.254]
  2    14 ms    14 ms    14 ms  217.32.144.160
  3    15 ms    15 ms    15 ms  217.32.144.190
  4    17 ms    17 ms    17 ms  213.120.181.206
  5    17 ms    17 ms    17 ms  217.41.169.217
  6    17 ms    16 ms    17 ms  217.41.169.109
  7    16 ms    27 ms    16 ms  109.159.251.245
  8    29 ms    26 ms    28 ms  core1-te-0-13-0-10.ilford.ukcore.bt.net [109.159
.251.191]
  9    44 ms    24 ms    24 ms  peer1-xe10-0-0.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.
254.122]
 10    29 ms    23 ms    26 ms  LNDGW2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
 11    24 ms    24 ms    24 ms  85.205.116.10

serial:40120952375

10 REPLIES 10

boe32

Yep, i think even more now that its being done on purpose, i cant stream youtube while im connected to the vodafone sure signal, if i turn it off i can stream fine, if its not being done intentionaly then fix it.

Ok, i apologise for the youtube streaming problem, it worked a tiny bit, but data just froze again, same on all the other phones connected to the sure signal.

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there boe32,

Thanks for your posts.

I'm a little confused. Why would you want to use your data allowance over VSS if you've got a WiFi connection available? Or are you not using a WiFi router at all?

Cheers,

LeeH

Because im paying for it, i dont get out much now, so i my montly plan is a waist of money basically, ive unlimited call and texts and 2gig of data, well i dont use the calls, i use a few texts, so, i want to at least use all my data each month. Thers also the fact that i dont want to switch to wifi and back again everytime i go to my phone or go out and come back in, the suresignal boxis supposed to work like an extension of the cell tower, so why is data being throttled?, it allows you a little boost and then it stops and freezes the dta for well over an hour, then get another little boost, missing all my emails and notififactions inbetween, if i turn of the sure signal box data is fine, just the signal is poor and you have to move around to get the best speed.

Can i also point out that when trying to use vss v2 my network icon as stopped switching between 3g and H, im constantly on H, normal behaviour for my phone is to switch over to 3g when idle, this behaviour is fine without the vss v2, it used to work on vss, but last few weeks my phone and another is stuck on H while using vss, its a power save feature which again works fine without the booster. Anyway, in regard to your question, isnt it up to me what i want to do, whether ypou think its daft or not, its up to me to decide, besides this, the damn box shouldnt be doing this anyway.Yes im extremely pead, im using my wifi now as i have no choice, and now vodafone as £42 for nothing.

Retired-PaulE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi boe32, 

I've checked your serial number and your unit updated at 12:01 this morning - are you still having issues with your Sure Signal?

If you are, I'll need a little more detail to help with the investigation;

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Paul

Dats seems to working at the moment, but the vss is still making my and another phone stay on H instead of switching to 3g on idle, both phones work as expected when vss is off, have you changed something in the software to stop the switching?, both phones power is being drained alot quicker now.

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Boe32,

Apologies for the misunderstanding. Lee's reference to using Wi-Fi was purely meant to stress that approach, as by using that you save your allowance for when you're away from home.

I'm glad to hear the data is working OK at the moment. There isn't any throttling or known issue which would cause this, but if it does happen again, can you try a reset of the Sure Signal box for me just to clear any possible blockages?

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

With regards to the phones sticking on HSDPA, I'm unaware of anything which may cause this. So we can look into this for you, can you confirm the make and model of handset you're seeing this on?

Dave

3 phones, 2 htconex, 1 htc onex+, can i just point out,everything was fine 2weeks ago, all working as it should, data as started to work again, but like i said  all the phones are stuck on the H icon,where as 2 weeks ago they would switch to 3g on idle, all phones switch as expected when vss v2 is off.