cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

All Sure Signal Users: are they really all off-line right now?

nic2109
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello. I've been in touch with on-line chat who passed me to Technical Support. I went there becuse there was no general message on the top of this Forum, and none of the FAQ links returned anything (the HTML is broken - hyper links not active) and my Sure-signal has been trying to reconect for > 12 hours following a break in Internet availability (our Router was powered off). The Internet cam straight back but the Sure Signal has been trying to reconnect ever since. I've switched it off and on several times but to no avail.

I am posting here because your Technical Support told me that (here I paraphrase rather) "Our engineers are entering all UK Sure Signal users' details into a new database at the moment. Leave it for 4 hours or so and re-connect and it will work again.". Sorry but this sounds like a "Fob the customer off with a plausible-sounding vaguely-technical answer" response to me.

But is it true? If so why is there no message at the top of this eForum page where such incidents/alerts are supposed to be posted?

I'm about to try another reset and re-start, so could someone from Vodafone please see if mySure Signal is trying to re-synch? The Serial number is 40111063901, phone number (removed for security)

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

JIS
1: Seeker

For some days now I have been re-booting my Sure Signal; but to no avail. I too am connected to BT Broadband (Infinity). This is seriously impacting our family and myself as a business and the fact that Vodafone are keeping tight lipped is simply not on. 

Vodafone, WAKE UP, there is an open market out there and we can all change our supplier. 

What is going on ?!!!

John

Tunbridge Wells

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

Our statement has been updated to show the issue has been sorted. You can read more here.

Many thanks,

Ben

So what has happened to the status page?

It's not good enough to post a new thread for each issue and expect your customers to find it. There should be a Service Status page prominently displayed with honest, up-to-date information.

Secondly; while the admission of an issue is good (and will reduce the number of calls you get and hence the number of help agents you have to employ) it's NOT good enough to just have one message that says "We have a problem" which is then followed up with a "We've fixed it" (unless it's within the hour, of course) with no further details or information. At the least a description of the cause, what the impact is, whether there's any mitigating actions customers can take, and how long the outage could be. And then, when an eta for the fix is known, add that information too.

Come on Vodafone; we pay for a service and don't expect to be ignored when the truth is uncomfortable or inconvenient. It's the silence (that seems like contempt) that is so off-putting. As other users have said "Other networks are available" and we'll vote with our feet you you don't improve!

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi nic2109, 

The status page that Ben linked to is still available and all updates were kept in the same place. 

If there were any actions you could take to prevent the issue, then we would have supplied this information.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Kay