cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

All light (1st, 2nd and 4th) are working but no voice and data (3G) are working,

hamks18psi
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi Technical Team,

I have my 1st generation Vodafone SureSignal, and it worked solid.
Although sometimes it had problems, the service would restore after I reset it or waited for 1 night.

I knew pretty much on the technical side. So, whenever it has problem, I would be able to fix it in last 4 years.
Last week, I was testing the failover on my home network on dual ISP, so my Suresignal would failover as well, which caused more or less the re-connection and reset.
Finally, I finished my test, and just put my SureSignal on using one ISP with static public IP.
It worked once without issue. 3G and all my Android/iPhone/iPad connected well. But when I did shutdown my line for testing, then SureSignal stop serving my devices without 3G.
No voice call or 3G data is provided by my SureSignal anymore, although 1st Light, 2nd Light and 4th Light stay solid.
I did check the firewall logging and see the traffic from my box to Vodafone servers running well like before.

I have tried more than 10 reset, ends up the same result 1st, 2nd and 4th light solid but no voice call or 3G service.
I did even follow the advice from other members in Forum, by changing the postcode location, and re-change it back to my original address, in order to get the Vodafone side server re-sync.
I did see the VSS change the light after I after the postcode change. But another 4-5 attempts of full reset I have done which ends up the same result.

I believe that because lot of up and down Internet connection in the project I did last week caused some issue that Vodafone Servers detect some changes but require someone like you to reset on your side.

Could you do me a big favour by checking my box in your system side, hope you can help by clearing some message/error. Many Thanks!

Stephen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My SureSignal Serial no: 21197009851

My Download Speed: 4.22
My Upload Speed: 0.91

Ping: 22ms
Jitter:  1ms

Public Static IP for My vodafone SureSignal: 78.86.232.209

Trace result:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     4 ms     4 ms     7 ms  192.168.1.1
  2    18 ms    19 ms    18 ms  217.32.141.148
  3    19 ms    23 ms    18 ms  217.32.141.206
  4    22 ms    21 ms    23 ms  217.41.216.250
  5    22 ms    22 ms    21 ms  31.55.164.219
  6    23 ms    24 ms    23 ms  31.55.164.109
  7    22 ms    21 ms    21 ms  acc2-10GigE-0-5-0-6.bm.21cn-ipp.bt.net [109.159.248.228]
  8    31 ms    31 ms    31 ms  core1-te0-15-0-15.ilford.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.248.166]
  9    26 ms    63 ms    26 ms  peer1-xe4-1-0.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [213.121.193.152]
 10    30 ms    31 ms    30 ms  lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
 11    31 ms    27 ms    27 ms  85.205.116.10
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

7 REPLIES 7

rjm67
4: Newbie

I'll be following this one because this is what mine is doing. Your traceroute apears to give up at exactly the same point. Sadly, the my vodafone website appears to still be down (been trying since yesterday afternoon) as I was going to try re-registering it.

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

The traceroute giving up there is normal, the final hop won't respond to ping requests.

Some people have found that a full reset, plus the removal of the LAN cable at the point of pulling out the power, and then leaving it out for half an hour, letting the reset do its thing, and then plug the LAN back in, fixes this.

It may help, or as you say, it something may just need clearing at VFs end

i have un-registered my box, and leave it power off for following hours.
then would try to re-register, and switch it back on.

Hope it would work!

Thanks for the advice.

Stephen

Grolsch - brilliant. After 4 days dealing with these numpties no one had suggested reconnecting without LAN. I've just rebooted my router and sure signal in parallel - so ensuring no internet signal when rebooting... Bingo 3G again.

Well blow me. Powering up the SS with the router off, then powering the router worked. Excellent.

I have tried all the advice here such as disconnecting the LAN cable before powering off.

I also de-register, power off, wait for couple hours, then re-register, and power VSS back. The result is the same.

1st, 2nd and 4th light stay solid, but no voice call and data (3G).

I did see other members posted their similar problem and got Technical Team's reply and assitance.

However, I have not got any response from Technical Team so far.

If I ring Vodafone, would they help?

Regards,

Stephen

Hi there hamks18psi,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know what you've tried.

I've passed your details up to the 3rd line tech team.

We'll be in touch when we hear back.

Cheers,

LeeH