cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Another Ex-Vodafone customer wishing to de-register my Sure Signal to give it to a friend.

DavidFurniss
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I left Vodafone a while ago and had forgotten that I used to use a Sure Signal box as I have much better reception with my new provider but was recently reminded when a friend said he was thinking of leaving Vodafone due to bad signal at his house.

I have suggested that he could have my old V1 Sure Signal box but I guess it will still be registered to me.

Can someone please get back to me to indicate how I can de-register my box from my closed account (I have spent half hour on the phone but no-one is able or willing to help).

Thanks,

Dave

6 REPLIES 6

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Dave and welcome to the eForum,

We’ll be happy to help with this.

Get in touch with us here.

Thanks,

Wayne

Hi, sorry I didn't know anyone had replied as I was expecting an email notification, had forgot about it and have only just been reminded by my friend about the Sure Signal.

I tried clicking on the link you provided but Internet Explorer is blocking the web page due to their being a problem with the security certificate. There used to be an option to continue anyway but this was removed some time ago with an IE update.

I replaced the 'http://' with 'https://' and it allows me to proceed (for anyone else who encounters the same problem).

Kind Regards,

Dave

Hi, I filled in the form but selected "Not a customer" as I have already left Vodafone.

I had no indication that the message was sent and after clicking on to "email anyway", the web page it brought up was just a corrupt/unformatted version of the main web page.

Hi @DavidFurniss

I’m sorry to hear this.

Have you tried clearing your cache, cookies and trying from another browser, as there's no reason that this shouldn't be able to be sent through to us.

Please check your junk and spam folders on your email to see if you’ve had an auto reply.

If this is still not working we can help if you call us on 03333 040191, or use the online chat service here.

Cheers,

Laura

Thanks but I did manage to get the email off and have since had a response which I have replied to.

The issue is with an IE update as it also stops me being able to log onto my home made Asterix phone server for the same security issue.

There used to be an option to 'continue anyway' to ignore the warning but this has been removed by Microsoft for some reason.

Clearing my cache does not do anything to help and I only posted as others may encounter the same problem and I am used to working round it.

I am unable to use a different browser due to strict IT policy (I imagine you understand with working for Vodafone who have/had a very strict block list and used to/may still block certain mobile phone manufacturers web sites (or parts of their sites) whilst allowing access to others).

Oh well, it took over a month to be told that Vodafone have for some reason decided that my box should be (in their words) "inactive permanently" and "cannot be used any more with any mobile number".

There is no explanation as to why my box which was working fine when I worked for them and after I left them but kept my accounts with them has been "BARRED".

The box itself is electrically fine, Vodafone has just blocked it and I am not really getting any where with this as the responses I am getting offer no explanation.

My friend is now changing to GiffGaff and so will my wife at the end of her contract next year.

And people wondered why I stopped working for them.

I am going to get my friend to film me going into one of the many Vodafone shops I used to work in, I am going to remove the Sure Signal from the box, place it on the floor and jump up and down on it before putting the bits of it back in the box and then hand them the remains.  After all, they are responsible for disposal at the end of its working life under the WEEE regulations.

And to think I was doing all this to help them keep a customer. DOH!