Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Another SS3 not working with BT HH5

SubaruWRX2003
4: Newbie

I had a SS2 which worked fine for ages, then stopped working. Did ll the tests and was told try another power supply, no change. I bought a SS3 as I thought the SS2 had given up.

Plugged that in last night, the useless Vodafone website has no way of registering it as the link isn't there and when you think you've found something it takes you off to a YouTube video showing the old page layout and a video of something which is miles out of date.

I call 191 and can't make the guy understand my issues........give up and try live chat. Give the guy old SS2 to de-register and new SS3 S/No to register. He says all done you'll be online soon. Well....surprise surprise it's not. Still sitting there with the red power light solid and the connecting light going on and off. It's plugged in directly to the BT Hub 5 just like the SS2 was.

No email as it says you'll get when registered. I can't check the info online as there is no way of seeing what your SS is set to or adding or changing users.

Looks like I'll have to change network when my contract expires to get a decent signal at home

14 REPLIES 14

SubaruWRX2003
4: Newbie

Very similar experience to what I'm having.

I had a SS2 which worked fine for ages, then stopped working. Did ll the tests and was told try another power supply, no change. I bought a SS3 as I thought the SS2 had given up.

Plugged that in last night, the useless Vodafone website has no way of registering it as the link isn't there and when you think you've found something it takes you off to a YouTube video showing the old page layout and a video of something which is miles out of date.

I call 191 and can't make the guy understand my issues........give up and try live chat. Give the guy old SS2 to de-register and new SS3 S/No to register. He says all done you'll be online soon. Well....surprise surprise it's not. Still sitting there with the red power light solid and the connecting light going on and off. It's plugged in directly to the BT Hub 5 just like the SS2 was.

No email as it says you'll get when registered. I can't check the info online as there is no way of seeing what your SS is set to or adding or changing users.

Looks like I'll have to change network when my contract expires to get a decent signal at home.

@SubaruWRX2003 - Let us know the following information:

• Your OLD serial number
  • Your NEW serial number

We can then check that everything's as it should be.

Old SS2 is 40114633494. The new number is 42152724698.

@SubaruWRX2003 - Thanks for getting back to us. We'll look into this and give you an update as soon as we can.

My SS3 is now working. After trying a few things listed on the forum I went through to the SS Team (Sarah) by phone and she said my unit was NOT registered. She took the details, confirmed it had now saved the info and I got the text and email to confirm this. Shortly after the LED on the LAN socket started to flash very rapidly so I knew something was happening. Then solid first light, then the second light and now I've got connection to my mobile.

Fingers crossed it stays that way when I leave tomorrow for work and it reconnects to my phone when I come home automatically.

I even found out how to do the registration online and edit the users which is not as shown on the YouTube video which she said is miles out of date but they have not removed it.

You login to your account, click on VIEW USAGE, then Manage Services, then Sure Signal and then you'll see what you want to do :smileyhappy:

I went home at lunchtime and my phone wouldn't connect to the SS3. I switched off LTE in the options so that it is now on WCDMA/GSM auto connect and it seemed to then link immediately. I read on here somewhere that 4G (LTE) needs to be off to work with the SS units, is that correct?

@SubaruWRX2003 - Yes, we are aware that some users have to manually turn off 4G on their phones.

It also doesn't seem to auto connect when I come into the house. I have to restart my phone for it to connect to the SS3, that can't be right? I never had to do that when the SS2 was working properly.