cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Anybody know an alternative to Network Sure Signal stopped Vodafone just don't care

Paulamela
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I upgraded my phone and had to have a new sym FOUR WEEKS ago, the new phone stopped working with Sure Signal.  My wife's phone still OK, five online chats and six telephone calls ALL said the problem has been fixed.  Now phone still not working on Sure and the Sure Signal dashboard has disappeared from my online account.

Nobody cares at Vodafone us Customers just don't count, so how can I find an alternative and prepare myself for the cancellation of contract battle?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Look here for help where the new dashboard is http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/NEW-location-for-the-Vodafone-Sure-Signal-manage...

If a sim swap has had to be processed to change the size of sim due to the upgrade then it's suggested to De Register from your Sure Signal for 24 Hours and then Re Register. 

From information in message 2 in https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Sure-signal-not-connecting-after-sim-swap/m-p/2...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thxs but all that has been tried and no success despite Vodafone always saying it will be fixed which is the frustration.  Why couldn't they just say It won't work as opposed to keep promising me it had been fixed.  Luckily I had the online helps emailed so I have evidence to show these guys just don't care and are in breach so the cancellation battle should be easy. 

I was hopeful on the last contact when a Sure Signal guy contacted me and PROMISED it would all be fixed within three working days, AND that he would ring me to check.  Four days later no fix and no call! 

BandOfBrothers

You're Welcome. 

Hope all goes ok for you. 

As I understand it the Sure Signal having issues wouldn't then mean you could cancel a contract without a termination fee unless a person is in their initial 14 day cooling off period. 

I assume Vodafone supply a signal elsewhere as you commute etc. This is covered in the T&C. I'm in no way wishing to cause friction but that's the way I understand the situation. 

Current Phone  >

You are certainly not causing friction I appreciate your comments.  I think that the poor service when I first changed my sym (which was before the Sure Signal issue) together with the unkept promises gives me cause on non service delivery.  It is a shame as I have been with Vodafone for over twenty years, however the issue for me is a measure of a great company is not how they deal with customers when all is going well but how they deal with customers when ther's a problem.

My experience has been appalling, and looking at the forums I am not unique by any means.  So I will look for a new network supplier, argue with Vodafone over my existing contract, and make sure that any public forum about cell phones becomes aware of my experiences.

If I can stop any new customers from joining Vodafone it will make me feel better 🙂

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Paulamela

Thank you for understanding my perception on the situation. 

Things can sometimes go wrong which I'm sure many accept, but then it's ultimately down to how it's put right that then counts ,and instills confidence back into the product and services. 

Take care. 

Current Phone  >