Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BT Home Hub 4 and Sure Signal 1

devton
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I as with a lot of other people looking at this problem have the power light on and nothing else, i have tried all the recomended re-boots and have checked and the home hub has a connection to the VSS yet nothing seems to work, when i first had the new home hub it worked fine but all of a sudden (the past week) it has stopped any suggestions. Please dont be too technical just a simpleton looking for help

12 REPLIES 12

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi devton,

You mentioned that your friends aren't on Vodafone. That wouldn't be necessary in order to test the Sure Signal on their Internet connection as it would still be registered to you. Testing that would go a long way to showing if the box is faulty, as if it worked we'd know that wan't the case.

If you can't test that or you try and it doesn't work, then I'd recommend sending the Sure Signal for repair.

Dave

I have tested the VSS on a friends system and the results are the same four lights on and flickering. You mentioned that the box might need to be repaired if so how do I go about getting it repaired or does it mean I will have to fork out another £100 on a new one

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi devton,

There is one thing you can try, which you’ve already touched upon.

Reset your Sure Signal and pull out the Ethernet cable at the same time as the power lead.

When you replace the power lead, don’t put the Ethernet cable back but wait until the Sure Signal has fully rebooted.

Once it has, replace the Ethernet cable.

If this doesn’t work, you’d need to send it for repair. You can see more information on the process here.

As the Sure Signal is now more than 2 years old, it’s no longer under warranty so the repair will cost £65.

As you’ve mentioned, you may wish to consider a new version 3 Sure Signal for £100.

Thanks

Andrew