Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BT Home Hub 4 and Sure Signal

Iansailor
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have BT wi-fi and a Sure Signal.  The phone signal is good but the iphone will now not connect on wi-fi, only on 3G.  I hav three other computers and they all connect via wi-fi perfectly - only the phone  a problem.

How can I get my phone to connect on wi-fi?

Thanks for help ...

15 REPLIES 15

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Thank you for responding.  I did look at the Troubleshooting thread, but the problem is not with the lights - all of that is working fine.

So, to answer you queries:

Speed test: ping 32ms, download speed 32.02Mbps, upload 8.6Mbps

Ping Test from your link: 38ms

IP address: 86.149.201.2

Sure Signal Serial Number 40132752946

Traceroute result

in next post ... I get a message that 'canm't exceed 20k characters??

I think that is everything you wanted.

Can I add that my desktop PC and laptops access the wifi fine - it is just my phone that can't.  It used to access with no problem before the Sure Signal.

Thanks again

Ian

Matt

Still can't paste the Traceroute result in, so saved it and it is an attachment to this post.

Best wishes

Ian

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi lansailor,

I think there’s been a bit of confusion here.

Can you confirm if the issue is that you phone won’t connect to your Wi-Fi whilst connected to the Sure Signal?

If you turn the Sure Signal off does it then connect?

Can you connect to other Wi-Fi hotspots at a friend’s house?

What happens when you try to connect?

Does the phone pick up your Wi-Fi network?

What errors do you get?

James

Hi

In answer to your questions, Yes, the issue is that my phone will not connect to the wi-fi when the Sure Signal is active, although computers do connect via wifi.  The phone will only connect via 3G, and is unable to connect - it keeps trying because it recognises that the wifi is there but cannot connect.

I've just turned the Sure Signal off and the phone still will not connect to wifi, although it did so easily before the SS was bought and connected.

I've had no trouble before connecting to wifi elsewhere, but I can't say I have noticed since having the SS.

When trying to connect it keeps trying and then a message pops up saying 'can't connect' and the only option I have is 'dismiss'  I've been looking for a way to re-install the password, but I can't see one.

I think that answers all of your questions, let's hope there is a solution!

Best wishes

Ian

Hi Ian,

If the Sure Signal is off and the phone still won’t connect to Wi-Fi, it may be a software issue.

The fact that you’re unable to reinstall the password also points in this direction.

Try removing all saved Wi-Fi points and then re-entering them, does this fix things?

If not, the next thing to try would be a factory reset of the phone.

Let me know how you go on.

Cheers,

Andrew

Thank you for your reply, but I'm not sure what it means.

When I go into the settings and choose Wifi , I have choices 'Choose a network' or 'devices' or 'Ask to join networks'.  When you say "remove all saved Wifi points" how do I do that?  I did get a 'forget this network' that enabled me to re-input the password - didn't get me anywhere though - but I can't see any option that allows me to even find the other saved wifis or passwords, let alone remove them.

Still no connection ....

Best wishes

Ian

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting back. If you have any Wi-Fi connections populating in the 'Available Connections' list that are saved, you can tap and hold on them to be given the option to 'Forget'. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

I'm having a different issue that doesn't seem to be covered by the posts I've read or the troubleshooting guide. I have SS3 and BT HH4. On he SS unit I have a solid red power light, a solid white internet light and a solid white service light. Therefore according to everything I've read I should be able to have a 3G signal, but no success.

I was supplied my SS through work and was told it was pre-configured and pre-registered before being shipped and I received an email confirming it was registered.

I have also double checked that port forwarding on my HH4 covers all the ports that are supposed to be enabled.

Can someone on the tech team give me some advice please?