Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BT home hub 3

woodspoiler
4: Newbie
Hi there, I have had to disconnect my sure signal from old router as I have changed from talk talk to BT broadband so I now have the Home Hub 3. I have connected the Ethernet cable from sure signal to Home Hub but there is just a steady red power light and nothing else. Sure signals serial number is: 40113000109. Any advice would be appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9

Retired-AndyD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi woodspoiler,

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Thanks

Andy

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi woodspoiler

Thank you for your post and it is great to see you.:smileyhappy:

Are you still experiencing these issues as I can see you connected with the device since posting?

We have been made aware that there was maintenance carried out and if you could perform a factory reset and let us know how you get on that would be great.

Factory Reset
Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 secs) keeping the reset button held down, remove then reinsert the power lead, once all lights display release the reset button. The Sure signal will come online in around 1 hour.
Many Thanks
DaveCD
eForum Team

Hi; Voda Guys

Having upgraded from normal ADSL + Netgear router to BT Infinity + Home Hub3 my Sure Signal would not provide a 3G HDSPA connection

Iv'e tried a few things from various forums and my Sure Signal  is now working again

The recipe is on the Home Hub

set up a port forwarding set for the ports 50,123,500,4500,1723 fror the VPN the Sure SIgnal will create

Assign this set to the Sure Signal device. identify the Sure signal at the Home Hub by it's MAC address

Now for the secret sauce bit.

Buried in the  VPN settings is one for Port clamping. turn this ON

According to the page notes this forces the VPN used by SureSignal to link over the 500 port. ,rather than a floating port. It seem the Sure SIgnal uses an older protocol for it's VPN.

Reboot the Home Hub and Sure Signal  for good measures, give it an hour to settle down and it all works..
How stable it is time will tell ..

Maybe you suport guys could tidy this recipe up and post it as a fix ..

Share and Enjoy

MAC

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Mac499

Thanks for this! Maybe this will help other users too! :Smiling:

Keep us updated on the progress.

Thanks

Sukhi

Hi

The Sure Sgnal has held steady for a couple of days so far..

It did occur to me that when I first set up the BT Infinity and Home Hub the Sure Signal was showing the standard three lights as though it was connected to back to the Vodafone network.  Rather than having to  set up the port forwading in detail maybe the Port Clamping option would have been enough to establish a working connection.

I may well try that at some point

Cheers MAC

Hi there,

Is there any update with the issues with Vodafone Sure Signal 3 and BT Home Hub 3?

Purchased the Sure Signal Device on 02/02/14 and it has never connected. Was told to check my NTP with BT (have told me it is fine). I called back Vodafone and was told that there was a compatibility issue and that it might work and it might not?!

Was advised to get BT to send me out a new Hub, but that is at an additional cost to me and I can see that there have als been a few issues with the newer BT Home Hubs too...

Please help, really not happy to have spent all this money and then to find this out?

Thanks

Hi xmeganx,

Unfortunately the only thing that we can suggest is to speak with BT about upgrading to a Home Hub 4 or Home Hub 5.

James

Hi there James,

I am sorry but I do not feel like this is an acceptable answer, as I have said to you I have spoke to BT, who obviously have told me that they can give be a new hub (but not for free). I do not see why I should be expected to pay for a new hub when I have already paid £100 for a sure signal device (that according to the informatin on the sure signal page - will work with BT and I have seen work with BT Hub 3 before). If the BT Home hub 3 does not work with the Sure Signal 3 then this information should be posted clearly on the website to avoid this happeneing to what I can already see is a lot of customers!

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi xmeganx,

Please see here.

Thanks,

Gemma