Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BT network issues on suresignal

dalison
4: Newbie

Has the issue with the widespread outage of BT broadband and its impact on suresignal been fully resolved yet? If not, when do you expect it to be resolved. My V2 has not worked for the last 2 days, I turned it off last night, but the Vodafone network is so bad in our area we do need a working suresignal.

23 REPLIES 23

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

There was an annoucement here regarding the SureSignal problem. It indicates that the issues have been resolved.

If you are still having problems, please go through the Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, if you've not already done so. 

PWIAC

Landshark2007
6: Helper

It has NOT been cleared by BT completely at all. We are still down and all our calls are going straight to voicemail. Infuriating as neither BT nor Vodafone ever tell you the facts as they really are, only as their marketing people direct them. This is not the first time, neither will it be the last. 

Just in case anyone from Vodafone reads this: The SS cannot establish the VPN tunnel back to Vodafone. This is the same issue that happened a number of weeks back which kept many people off line for days. 

Wherever I lay my '@', that's my 'ome.

It's still unresolved for me 😞

Wretched Sure Signal is the worst thing about VF (other than the problems with inaccruate billing)

Vodafone Tech Teams do monitor posts so I'm sure this will be picked up and fed back that issues still exist. 

I hope it's cleared up soon. 

On a side note I believe Bt are experiencing their own issues although my Bt Broadband seems to be ok. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@Lee - I sincerely hope Vodafone sorts itself out with BT quicker than they appear to be doing to date. My business is dependent on Vodafone and being connected 24 x 7 x 365. Of course we run into issues, but Vodafone consistently blames customers BEFORE acknowledging that a problem exists within their back-end systems (which includes service provided by BT et al). 

When Vodafone Sure Signals stop working, it is like cutting off one of our most vital services. We don't use BT Land lines except in an emergency. When we lose SS, our customers get switched to voicemail and this may take hours before we hear the messages (usually followed by increasingly angry messages). All SS customerspay twice for their calls. Once to Vodafone for the line and a second time for having a broadband connection when there is no signal coverage. It is a disgrace that we end up sitting around waiting for Vodafone to make a proper announcement with realistic updates. 

Landshark2007

Vodafone needs to understand that using inexperienced technical support personnel leads to incorrect or misleading information being broadcast to users with considerably more experience.

As of the date/time of this posting (let's see how long this lasts), there is still a serious routing issue within BT's network that is stopping Sure Signals from completing their VPN Tunnel login process. This is 99% of the time a fault either with Vodafone or with BT. Given that most Sure Signals are configured and then left alone to do their thing, I find it laughable that Vodafone's first response is that it must be something wrong with the customer's equipment or setup. 

Only a few weeks ago we had EXACTLY the same problem that turned out to be a BT networking issue and today/yesterday's fault is exhibiting the same boring problem. 

So, to Vodafone SS customers who have SS devices that have stopped working for some reason, I suggest you do nothing, except perhaps to switch them off to save electricity. To Vodafone support, I would strongly suggest that you either (a) employ people wit a modicum of experience to 'front' the web statements or (b) build a proper network service app that tells people what is going on and where based on real-world experience. I am willing to do either or both for you.

dalison
Thank you gentlemen, it is good to know the problem is ongoing. My work email is down at the moment and some websites including our email provider are unobtainable. Just have to wait it out!!!

linnit

I'm having problems today as well with suresignal V3 connected to BT hub 

It was fine yesterday even though BT had issues.

Today BT is working fine but the sure signal can't connect - I have the red light and a flashing 2nd light

I am also in a rural area with no signal unless the sure signal works

Me too wasn't working again this morning then it worked for about an hour now orange light on again!

When will it be fixed PLEASE???