Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BT signal assist

robertjoysmith
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I have a Alcatel Lucent 9361 home cell V2-V serial no 40121905471  Mac@ 0C4C390574CB part number 3JR09110AVBA this was owned by a friend of mine he has now given it to me. How do I cancel him and register it to me so i can use it with Talktalk internet. BT reckons it is not registered with them. Is it registered with Vodafone?

can you do anything to help

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi robertjoysmith,

The number you’ve comes up as invalid on our systems, can you double check it please?

If it looks like one of the 3 devices here then it’ll be registered with us.

It can be deregistered from your friend’s name, but he has to make the request.

The quickest way for him to do this would be on Live Chat.

Once he's done this, you'd need to register it in your name which you can do through your My Vodafone.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi

The BT Sure Signal was used by my friend on a BT line and using Vodafone mobile phones he has now changed to another mobile phone provider. I have checked all the details i listed and they are correct can you please check again attached are 2 photos of unit

rob

Hi robertjoysmith,

Thanks for the photos, it makes this a lot easier.

I’ve checked the serial number again for you and it’s still showing as an invalid number on our systems.

Looking at the first picture, if it was a Vodafone unit, there would be a Vodafone symbol in the circular area.

From the picture, it looks as though there isn’t.

I can only suggest that you have a word with your friend and ask him where he got it from.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew

My friend was supplied it by BT

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi robertjoysmith,

As this wasn’t supplied by Vodafone, your friend will need to contact BT to get this deregistered.

Thanks,

Jenny