Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BTHome Hub 3/Sure Signal version 2

jaypeecee
4: Newbie

I am utterly fed up with problems with my Sure Signal setup. Although I am using a SS version 2 with a BT Home Hub 3, I have no reason whatsoever to suspect my current problems are in any way related to the BT Home Hub 3. My WiFi connection is superfast (Infinity Option 1) and very reliable - I monitor my connection continuously using Net Uptime Monitor, which runs on one of my PCs 24/7.

Right now and for the last few hours, the SS version 2 has the red power LED on, the system LED flashing and the phone LED off. I have tried the reset procedure three times this evening - all to no avail. I cannot use the Vodafone network at present. What good is that? I can neither make nor receive phone calls or use mobile data, although the latter is less important.

Does anyone have any suggestions what to do other than chuck the Sure Signal in the nearest bin?

JPC

122 REPLIES 122

I have raised this issue now with You and Yours - BBC Radio 4. Perhaps they would be interested in following this up if others also contact them? 

If Vodafone won't listen to and help us, maybe they would respond to the BBC on our behalf ....

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qps9/contact

Good suggestion and I've sent them a message.

Me too.

I have also messaged them.

Come along Vodafone, you might want to give us an update to where you are in resolving the issue, you've been pretty quiet for the last 24 hours since admitting you have a problem.

You and yours are investigating and commented they have had a few messages ....

Strange now the BBC are involved ( have been speaking to the program producer) I'm now receiving replies from Vodafone:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/VSS-v3-Power-light-blinking-Internet-amp-In-Use-...

The BBC have contacted me too with a view to a possible interview ... Fingers crossed!

I've contacted the BBC also. 

jaypeecee
4: Newbie
Excellent suggestion. I have also just sent them a message.