Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BTHome Hub 3/Sure Signal version 2

jaypeecee
4: Newbie

I am utterly fed up with problems with my Sure Signal setup. Although I am using a SS version 2 with a BT Home Hub 3, I have no reason whatsoever to suspect my current problems are in any way related to the BT Home Hub 3. My WiFi connection is superfast (Infinity Option 1) and very reliable - I monitor my connection continuously using Net Uptime Monitor, which runs on one of my PCs 24/7.

Right now and for the last few hours, the SS version 2 has the red power LED on, the system LED flashing and the phone LED off. I have tried the reset procedure three times this evening - all to no avail. I cannot use the Vodafone network at present. What good is that? I can neither make nor receive phone calls or use mobile data, although the latter is less important.

Does anyone have any suggestions what to do other than chuck the Sure Signal in the nearest bin?

JPC

122 REPLIES 122

AT least this link works. Now we get the faceless, nameless "VODAPHONE ADMINISTRATOR" to whose formulaic post "we are monitoring the situation closely" and "sincere apology" we are not even offered the option of a reply. When is Vodaphone going to stop treating its customers like idiots and recognize that we do have choices? I am sure I am not alone with being fed up with being lied to, scrubbed over and dismissed. This one needs to be given some full blown media attention. I have copied the BBC to whom I wrote earlier during this fiasco. 

Helpoutgill
3: Seeker
I get an error message when I try to open up 'read here'

BillyM
Lithium is a mood stabiliser in bipolar disease/ manic depression so probably fair enough advice from Vodafone after this week!
Thanks to all who kept pressure on. Don't know if it made a difference, but nice to know that you're not the only one struggling with unfixable technology when other people post.
I got told off for breaking t&c's by using a misspelt word for male gonads (moderator thinks kids use eforum and emailed a ticking off). I therefore sincerely apologise for any offence caused..... There, an apology wasn't so hard after all was it Vodafone?
Now it's your turn, haha. Good signal at last, hurrah, hope every body else is ok. cheers, billym