Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Bad phone signal in my house

alisonmb7
2: Seeker

Hello, 

My husband and I are getting a terrible mobile signal in the house.  We have lived here for a year and have tolerated it up to now, but I find myself getting cut off in the middle of a phone call, waiting until I go for a walk to talk to someone, or standing outside the front door.

Am I right in thinking that sure signal can solve this problem - I'm not worried about having access to the internet as we have wifi (most of the time), I would just like to be able to use my phone like a phone - and not pay a fortune because I have to use the landline during the day.

If this would solve my problem - am I right in thinking that I have to pay an extra £100 to get this signal in my house, when I'm already paying monthly for my phone and poor signal.

So what to do?  Pay extra for sure signal or move provider?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

In the not too distant future Vodafone is introducing Wi Fi calling and that should solve your problems.

I'd wait for that.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/our-network-and-coverage/what-makes-a-great-network/wi-fi-calling/

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

iratescot
Move provider. Sure signal is a waste of time. As is the Vodafone service.

jeffkinn
A sure signal is most certainly not a waste of time. They are very effective. I've had one for years and it gives a perfect 3G signal to 4 phones in my house.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

iratescot
Well your are one of the fortunate ones. Others are not so fortunate.

jeffkinn
There will always be some people who have problems but the overwhelming majority of sure signal users will be like me. I would imagine they've sold tens of thousands of sure signal units if not hundreds of thousands. It's easy to assume that your specific problem is representative of the whole population of sure signal users. It's an incorrect assumption.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

What is a correct assumption is that Vodafone has been charging people for a service that they cannot provide. Living less that 4 miles from a major city and 2 miles from the M4 it is not realistic that people like me have no mobile signal.
Sure signal has not been the panacea for all

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @alisonmb7 

You will have a 14 day cooling off period in which to return the Sure Signal, for a full refund if you're not happy with it.

@iratescot I can see we've replied to your other post here.

Thanks,

Sukhi

alisonmb7
Thanks for all your answers. What I don't understand is why I have to buy one, I'm not in a rural area or a basement flat, I'm in semi in London! Surely I should be able to use my phone in my house. Assuming I don't have problems with it why do I have to pay again for the service I'm already paying for? I suspect I need to find a more reliable service.

alisonmb7
And thanks for pointing me toward WiFi calling... That does sound like the solution (as long as they don't decide to charge extra again for the service I'm already paying for!). All I need to do now is make sure my WiFi is reliable! Thanks again,