cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Bandwidth on standby - Sure Signal v3 - how much?

Simon_Gardner
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

How much bandwidth does my new Sure Signal v3 use on standby - ie when no phone calls are being made and no texts sent/received?

I'm wondering if I might maximise my available bandwidth for other purposes by turning off the Sure Signal when I know I'm not using it and I have a particularly heavy bandwidth usage on other devices. Or is this negligible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MohamedGamal
8: Helper
A friend of mine has a bandwidth monitor on his router, the VSS used 2xx kilobytes during 8 hours of standy, so I'm guessing in a day it wouldn't reach one megabyte

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

As I understand things, the main consumption of bandwidth is when you are connecting to the SureSignal whilst making calls, sending texts or browsing the internet.

I wouldn't recommend turning off your SureSignal as it is designed to be an "always on" device and turning it on and off can end up messing up the device.  When in standby, and not being used for calls, texts, data it uses very little data.  I am not sure if one of the eForum Team will be able to give you an exact figure or not. 

PWIAC

I figured it wouldn't be much but was curious how much.

Hi Simon_Gardner, 

The information drey_p has given is spot on.

We can't give you an exact figure unfortunately, however it's a very minimal amount. 

Thanks, 

Kay

MohamedGamal
A friend of mine has a bandwidth monitor on his router, the VSS used 2xx kilobytes during 8 hours of standy, so I'm guessing in a day it wouldn't reach one megabyte

Excellent information. On the button.