Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Bizarre SureSignal conversation

jimbob2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Having dug out my old sure Signal box as Vodafone degraded my service 6 weeks ago (used to have 4g inside, now have had no service for 6 weeks) i tried to regsiter it again (as it had been suspended)-  got put through to the tech team on IM and was told that it is now a useless device as i have not used it for a year, that it has been permanently de-rgesitered, and that my only course of action is to buy a new one.

Now last tiem I checked, it was considered 'not-cricket' to sell someone a product and then render it useless, remotely and deliberately?

Thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @jimbob2

When the Sure Signal has been suspended for inactivity, you won't be able to use it again.

You need to take a look at the Sure Signal Terms and Conditions, Vodafone have a clause when the device has not been used for 12 months.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @jimbob2

According to the help notes it can be re activated. 

"If your Sure Signal still isn’t working:

If you haven’t used your Sure Signal for 3 months, we may have put a bar on it. Call us on 191 free from your Vodafone phone and we’ll remove it

If you haven’t used your Sure Signal for 12 months, we’ll automatically de-register it. Call us on 191 free from your Vodafone phone to reactivate your account  

If your Sure Signal works fine normally, check our eForum article for troubleshooting help"

From My-Sure-Signal-has-stopped-working-what-should-I-do.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Attempted to get it re-registered. This is when Vodfone told me that it will never work again and that i'd need to buy  a new one. 

Lets not get confused with the ts and cs here - they are quite clear - VF can de-register after 12 months inactivity for sure. It goes on to say that it can be registered again. 

VF have told me, contrary to their ts and cs that this is not the case and that they have effectively rendered my property useless, forcing me to buy a new one - not legal in thsi country as I understand it.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@jimbob2 wrote:

Lets not get confused with the ts and cs here - they are quite clear - VF can de-register after 12 months inactivity for sure. It goes on to say that it can be registered again. 

Actually it says the opposite:

If you decide not to use the Sure Signal Service for 3 months (or more) we can suspend, restrict or stop providing the Sure Signal Services (all or part of them) and you’ll still have to pay all charges during any period of restriction or suspension. If we do this, we will, if you ask us to, reconnect the Sure Signal Services unless you’ve not used or registered your Sure Signal Box for 12 months. After this time, if you’ve not registered or used your Sure Signal Box we’ll stop providing the Sure Signal Services and won’t be able to reconnect your Sure Signal Box to the network.