cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blackberry 9700 and Sure Signal, SOS only.

SlvrBck
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hi,

I have a Sure Signal installing at home and operating fine (H connection and full bars) with two personal HTC devices.

Unfortunatly, I cannot get a work Blackberry 9700 to connect. If the phone is restarted it will connect with all the bars, briefly then drop to SOS only.

Sim from Blackberry won't connect to SS when in HTC and HTC sim in Blackberry gains full bars.

So with the initial tests tried the business sim maybe at fault.

My question is, is there anything that can be done before I go back to my wife's company IT Support about changing the sim. This will be a pain... so best avoided.

Cheers
4 REPLIES 4

monk100
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Having exactly the same issue. iPhone connects fine. Tried two different blackberries both drop to SOS only.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi SlvrBck and monk100

Thank you for your posts and a very warm welcome to the eForum.:smileyhappy:

Please can you post your serial numbers and we can take a look here to see if the devices have been added successfully.

I have sent each of you a PM for further information so we can check the numbers against the device, once we have your response either myself or one of the team will be in touch as soon as we can.

You can find your PM inbox here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Hi Dave

Thanks for your welcome and reply.

Strangely, after not connecting for a couple of day, on checking this morning the BB has now got a good 3G signal from the SS.

Device was added correctly and I have changed nothing on the BB, SS or account since the initial error nor have I discussed with with the work IT Team.

The only thing I can think of is, I'm aware that the work IT Dept do reboot the internal BB server on a Sunday night... maybe that had an effect? Or can these devices sometimes take a while your end to activate?

Happy to supply serial numbers and stuff if you still wish to investigate.

Will obviously monitor connection this end and to see if there are any further issues and will report back.

Many thanks for your time.

Regards

Mark

Mark,

Did you ever figure out what fixed this? i have a simillar issue....