cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blackberry Bold not connecting to Sure Signal for 3G: calls are working.

nmacehiter
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I have registered my Sure Signal and set it up for use with an iPhone and Blackberry Bold 9790  The Sure Signal is working fine for calls the iPhone - I can see the in use light on the Sure Signal come on when I make a call. It is also working fine for 3G for the iPhone - I can see the in use light come on when I disconnect WiFi and enable 3G. 

However, it is not working for 3G for the Blackberry: when I disable WiFi on the Blackberry so that it should be using the Sure Signal for 3G, the 3rd light on the Sure Signal does not come on and the Blackberry shows either GPRS or a very poor 3G signal indicating that it is not connecting to the Sure Signal. It is working for calls for the Blackberry as I can see the in use light come on when I make a call. 
3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

The issue was not that the Sure Signal isn't working. It was working fine for calls and 3G for my iPhone and calls for the Blackberry but did not appear to be working for the Blackberry with 3G. I tried later in the day and it started to work for 3G for the Blackberry. Do you have suggestions for diagnosing the specific connectivity issues for the Blackberry if it recurs.

Hi nmacehiter, 

If you experience issues with one particular phone, then always try switching the phone off and back on first. 

If this doesn't help, remove that particular number from the Sure Signal for at least six hours and then re-add it. 

If you're still experiencing issues we'd need you to supply the information Matt requested above. 

Thanks, 

Kay