Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blocked IP ranges

jamie_w
2: Seeker

Hi,

We're a UK ISP who were recently assigned new IP ranges by RIPE and have noticed that customers on our new IP ranges are unable to use their Sure signal devices. This is presumably because our new IP's are being firewalled by yourselves. We have verified this by routing the same devices over our previous ranges, which enables them to connect fine.

If possible can you forward this range onto the relevent department or provide me with the details for somebody at Vodafone we can contact regarding this. 

The affected range is 31.205.0.0/16

Thanks,

Jamie

120 REPLIES 120

Dear Team ?

Have written twice, now thrice,  previously - no answer given to date. Not complaining if this is the level of service customers are supposed to expect. Other companies provide 'signal boost' and unfortunatly my voda contract is now up for grabs.

Am unable to connect over the company acces points which may need authorising:

178.238.133.0 range

178.238.128.0 range

91.227.220.0 - range

91.227.125.0 - range

If anyone at vodafone paying attention a response would be appreciated.

DS

Just an update as the OP, our range now appears to be working FYI.

Thanks,

Jamie

JMack986

Forgot to mention this IP in the above post.

86.134.47.0 range.

Any ETA on how long this usually takes?

Hi guys,

I've requested all of the above IP ranges to be checked against our whitelist and then added if required. At present I don't have a timescale for this as we're still ironing out an official process for this type of query. As soon as we know more though, we'll let you know.

Kind Regards,

George.

Any update on whether this has been completed?

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi JMack986,

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately we've yet to have a response on our request. As per George's reply, we'll update the thread when we have anything to share.

Cheers,

Lee

Still not connecting here.

Any updates please?

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey guys,

I'm afraid there are still no further updates on these requests.

I'm working very hard to improve the process for these types of requests and promise you all that as soon as I have a response on the above requests I'll update the thread.

Cheers,

Lee

My ranges, your IP ranges, other (small) ranges - no change here. Still no connection, still frustrated customers. I think it's getting to * AARRGGHHHH* time........

I appreciate the Voda guys are a small team in a big company, and much in demand - but we are also little guys who need to deliver to our customers, so please do what you can asap....

Cheers, Bill.