Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blocked IP ranges

jamie_w
2: Seeker

Hi,

We're a UK ISP who were recently assigned new IP ranges by RIPE and have noticed that customers on our new IP ranges are unable to use their Sure signal devices. This is presumably because our new IP's are being firewalled by yourselves. We have verified this by routing the same devices over our previous ranges, which enables them to connect fine.

If possible can you forward this range onto the relevent department or provide me with the details for somebody at Vodafone we can contact regarding this. 

The affected range is 31.205.0.0/16

Thanks,

Jamie

120 REPLIES 120

Hi snodgethebodge and welcome to the eForum

That IP address is currently blocked. I have emailed the necessary people to see if we can get it put on the unblocked. I’ll let you know as soon as I hear back.

Thanks

Wayne

Thankyou Wayne!

Same problem for me, my ISP has moved there IP Range which is blacklisted and neither of our 2 suresignals now work.

I've tried ringing the helpline and there stance is that "We don't block IP Ranges" When clearly you do.

It seems the Vodafone Tech helpine don't know what they are doing as this is in direct conflict which is on this forum.

My ISP need the ranges 46.18.104.0/21 whitlisting under the name of Vicaciti.

Both sure signals worked fine until the switch.

Please can this be done asap, our business is cripped with lost calls due to no coverage.

Might I suggest you whitelist all ISP's and only blacklist the known rogue ones, I find it ludicrous that this system is in force and that there is no process for honest ISP to request whitelisting.

A response or reply when done would be nice.

Thank you

Hi Techteam,

We are a UK ISP and have recently been allocated a new IP range by Ripe.

We have started to move customers onto the new range and we are now starting to see reports that sure signal has stopped working, I have tried to call different departments, but would seem no one in vodafone can help as we are not a direct customer, so thought we would see if we could get some help for our customers here.

The new ranges that have been allocated here are as follows:

IPv4 46.18.104.0/21

I am unsure if your kit can handle v6 but in case it can:

IPv6 2a03:f880::/32

I hope you can help.

Regards

Vivaciti

P.S.

Just noticed one of our customers has also posting in this same thread.

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for your posts here.

I can see that the IP range is not currently on our White list so I will get this raised to our support teams to be added for you.

I’m not to sure about the IPv6 but will ask the question for you.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

Hi,

Is there any update as to if the IP addresses reported have been unblocked yet?

Thanks...

Hi snodgethebodge,

I’m afraid not just yet. I’ll let you know as soon as I hear back though

Thanks

Wayne

JD
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi

The IP has now been unblocked :Smiling:

Thanks

NWELECTRONICS

Hi,

Expecting one of the MODS to pick this one up.

We are an ISP in the UK currently blocked by the blacklist on vodafone

AS 43599, address space 78.155.224.0/19

If I could ask for assistance in having this address space added to the whitelist and allow sure signals to register from the network.

Many thanks

Ops team

North West Electronics

Hi NWELECTRONICS,

Many thanks for getting in touch regarding your IP range.

I have taken a look at the range on the IP Lookup Tool and can see that it is currently registered inIreland and unfortunately we can’t unblock any IP ranges that aren’t registered asUK.

You will need to get this updated before we can request for the IP range to be added to the White list.

James