Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blocked IP ranges

jamie_w
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

We're a UK ISP who were recently assigned new IP ranges by RIPE and have noticed that customers on our new IP ranges are unable to use their Sure signal devices. This is presumably because our new IP's are being firewalled by yourselves. We have verified this by routing the same devices over our previous ranges, which enables them to connect fine.

If possible can you forward this range onto the relevent department or provide me with the details for somebody at Vodafone we can contact regarding this. 

The affected range is 31.205.0.0/16

Thanks,

Jamie

120 REPLIES 120

We've just changed ISP and now our access points cannot connect, is the range 31.221.0.0 - 31.221.127.255 blocked?

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi CIT and welcome to the eForum

Yes those need adding to the whitelist. I’ll get this requested for you now.

Thanks

Wayne

Thanks for requesting the change do you know if this range been added yet

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi CIT,

Unfortunately we haven’t heard anything back from our support teams as of yet however, it should be completed soon.

James

Any updates as the access points are still down

Nearly a month now and still waiting for confirmation that the address range has been added

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi CIT,

Many thanks for getting back to us.

I have sent an email over to our support teams regarding this for you as it looks like this has been missed when the last set of IP ranges were updated.

These should be added to the list soon.

James

Same for me 4 years after the last post in this thread and 5 years after we had the original problem (our ISP recently changed), can someone add these addresses to the whitelist please? 5.148.142.18 and 5.148.6.34. I see why vodafone has a whitelist for this service but 5 years after i first reported this could vodafone possibly add something to the setup documentation to make people aware of this issue and who to contact to get this fixed?

It's bad enough that as a business we have to buy 20+ sure signals in the first place as vodafone's network coverage is so poor in the centre of Warwick.

Hi

We are running a wireless ISP in suffolk, and our customers are having problem connecting sure signals.

Can someone check the following IP ranges for me please:

90.155.85.0/24

185.119.132.0/22

Thanks

Nick

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@gommog

The IP addresses 5.148.142.18 and 5.148.6.34 are already on the whitelist, so this wouldn't be the cause of any problems you're having. 

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, together with the details requested, including the following information:
Your speed test results from here.
Your ping test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.
The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command
On a PC:
Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

@nickshore

The IP address 90.155.85.0/24 is already on the white list. However, 185.119.132.0/22 wasn't so I've escalated this over to get the range added for you.