Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Both lights flashing on my sure signal

topcat74
2: Seeker

Hi all

Just registered the SS and all appeared great though for the last hour both lights have been flashing. I have re-booted though no joy. Can anyone help? Is it trying to locate my phone?

56 REPLIES 56

Exactly the same problem as all the other posts.  Can someone at VBodafone also sort ours out please...brand new.  FSN 40120918509. Model 9361.

Hi jimbob1979 and tagordon

I've forced a resync of both of your devices as requested. Please factory reset your devices following the instructions below:

• Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the rest button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
  • The VSS should come online within the hour

If you're still experiencing difficulties after the resync please let us know.

Thanks

Simon

Jasondperry
I'm also having the same problem. The unit registered ok last week and over the course of the last few days I have tried resetting it, leaving it flashing from 1 to 48 hours, changing Ethernet ports and even de registering and re registering it.

The serial number is 40110909112.

I'm using an iphone and BT Internet.

The router is working fine and the orange light is lit and the green one is flashing a little on the back of the sure signal box

Can someone help as if I can't get this working, then I'm going to have to change networks.

Jason

Hi Jasondperry,  

Up to last week was the Sure Signal working correctly for you?

To make sure your Sure Signal is as up to date as possible, I’ve just performed a resync for you. To make sure the resync completes, can you perform a factory reset:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights display, release the reset button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in about an hour

If this is unsuccessful for you, can you try a different Ethernet cable to see if that solves the issue for you?

Again, if this doesn’t solve things, do you have the option of trying the Sure Signal on a different internet connection (a family member, friend etc)?

If you can and the Sure Signal works there, it would mean there’s something in your current set up that’s preventing the unit from maintaining a stable connection to our servers.

If this doesn’t work for you, we’ll need some additional information from you. Can you provide the following please:-

Your speed test results from here.
Your ping test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.
The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew

Thanks for doing the re sync and advice.

I've only had the box since last Thursday and haven't got it working yet.

If the reset doesn't work, I will try the other suggestions

Could the fact that I'm using an iPhone be the problem.

I've had some advice that it could!

Would rebooting the router help?

Hi Andrew

It's been nearly 5 hours since I reset the box and the 2 lights are still flashing.

I've checked my speeds and the ping is 48, upload 0.81 and download 3.46

I haven't been able to do the trace route yet as this will invoke booting up the laptop, which is frustratingly slow.....

Hi Jasondperry,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Rebooting the router wouldn’t hurt. You’ll need to reboot the router first followed by the Sure Signal.

The two flashing lights you saw indicate that the Sure Signal is downloading a profile.

Checking your serial number shows that it connected to our servers at 00:26 this morning, are you now able to receive a signal?

Your upload speed is fine but are there any other devices using the connection at the same time?

The Sure Signal needs at least 0.3Mbps upload speed to maintain the connection to our servers. If there’s any other device using the connection which takes the speed below that 0.3Mbps, the Sure Signal connection will drop.

Thanks,

Andrew

If you have the time, would you be able to complete a short feedback survey for me? You can find it here and it’ll go to ensuring I’m offering the best service I can.

Hi Andrew

I woke up this morning to find the 2 lights flashing and they are still flashing now.

If its downloading a profile, then it's been trying for over 24hrs

We only use a couple of iPads, so that's the only thing that could affect the upload speed, but they wouldn't have been in use during the night, so the box had plenty of time to download the profile.

Hi Jasondperry,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I have seen an identical issue in another thread over the last week where it took 36 hours after the reset was done for the unit to reconnect properly.

If it’s still not working after this time would you be able to try this on a different internet connection at a friends, family’s or neighbours hours to see if it is a faulty Sure Signal.

James

Hi James

It was still flashing this morning after another reset, so this morning I rebooted the router and then the sure signal box.

I will leave it alone now and see what it does in the next 36 hours.