cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Both my Sure Signal v2 and v3 have stopped working?

David27
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

After using both my sure signals for a few months now with no problem, today both have stopped functioning correctly.

I have a BT home hub 5 with both sure signals running from it on seperate ethernet cables, the V3 in the house study the other V2 in my office out in the garden. 

I today had a live chat with your support team, they said they reset something at your end and asked me to reset both sure signal units here too, which I have done.

Although when pressing in the retset button for 30 secs or so I do not get all the lights back on?

The V3 sure signal box is displaying flashing red power light and the second light is solid orange.

The V2 sure signal box has a steady power light with both other lights flashing white.

My speed test results: 54.04

My ping test results: 32

My external IP address: 86.180.165.28
The results of a traceroute:  Can this be done on a Mac?

My Sure Signal V2 serial number: 40113181487 

My Sure Signal V3 serial number: 40133480463

Hope you can help.

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi David27,

Thanks for supplying that information.

One of the Sure Signals showed that a location move had been detected, but it's still provisioning.

I've sorted that and resynced both of the devices.

To complete this, follow these instructions:

For Sure Signal version 2:

1. Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)
  2. Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead
  3. Once all lights display release the reset button
  4. The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour

For Sure Signal version 3:

1. Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports
  2. Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  3. Once the lights come back on, release the button
  4. The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour

Thanks,

Ian

Thanks for your help Ian.

I didnt need to re-start both VSS as I had left them both disconnected yesterday in fustration.

So just pulled them back in and turned them on and within 20 mins they where both working fine and have been ok all day.

Just one point though, when I was re-starting my VSS v3 yesterday (many times) by holding in the button on the bottom for 30 secs or more, the unit NEVER displayed all the 3 lights on as per your instructions?

When I called Vodafone yesterday (Wednesday) morning at 8am I was told that you had experienced a total Vodafone network problem on Tuesday and that was the problem, do you think that was the case?

As both by VSS units stopped working and nothing else had changed my end, it does point to a fault with the network not my equipment.

I was dissapointed that nothing appeared on this forum about your total network problem, it would have been helpful to know.

David 

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi David27,

We did experience issues however these have now been resolved.

This could have been why your both your Vodafone Sure Signal's stopped working.  

I'm gald everything is up and running for you again :).

Thanks,

Sukhi