Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Brand New Sure Signal V3 and Still Issues

johnkellyryan
4: Newbie

Hi, i had a old sure signal 1 that worked perfectly with my old phones then i brought a Samsung Galaxy S3 which was also fine at first and then i got an software upgrade notice for the phone, upgraded and then my problems started with the Sure Signal V1, it kept giving me phone conversations like the microphone was cutting in and out on my phone to the person at the other end and i had the same issues hearing the other person, it would cut in and out on the speaker, it would not cut the phone off but was just like a really bad phone line.

Spoke to Vodafone technical guru who informed me due to the age of the sure sginal and the moder phones i would need to upgrade to a sure sginal v3 to resolve this issue.

So 100 pounds less out of my pocket and guess what, the problem is still there.

Now i know your going to say check the phone, i have, it does it with all four registered phones so its not my phone, i have a 50mb internet service with 2mb upload, doing the test it works fine.

Ideas please as i have paid 100 pounds to have a new box with the same issues.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just checked and had my first call using the updated parameters as you suggested and everything works great, thanks guys.

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

johnkellyryan

speed test download 50mb upload 2mb

ping test, packet loss 0% Ping 23ms jitter 15ms your grade A

Says my ping test is excellent and expect everything to work very well.

ip address 80.6.235.43

Hi  

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

johnkellyryan

C:\>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     6 ms     7 ms    17 ms  10.10.144.1   2     8 ms     6 ms     6 ms  brig-core-2a-ae6-621.network.virginmedia.net [80 .3.65.73]   3     8 ms     7 ms     6 ms  glfd-bb-1a-ae6-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.10 5.159.153]   4    12 ms    18 ms    13 ms  nrth-bb-1b-ae4-0.network.virginmedia.net [212.43 .163.178]   5    15 ms    15 ms    13 ms  tele-ic-4-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253. 174.18]   6    17 ms    15 ms    19 ms  LDNGW1.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.209]   7    15 ms    15 ms    15 ms  85.205.116.10   8     *        *        *     Request timed out.   9     *        *        *     Request timed out.  10     *        *        *     Request timed out.  11     *        *        *     Request timed out.  12     *        *        *     Request timed out.  13     *        *        *     Request timed out.  14     *        *        *     Request timed out.  15     *        *        *     Request timed out.  16     *        *        *     Request timed out.  17     *        *        *     Request timed out.  18     *        *        *     Request timed out.  19     *        *        *     Request timed out.  20     *        *        *     Request timed out.  21     *        *        *     Request timed out.  22     *        *        *     Request timed out.  23     *        *        *     Request timed out.  24     *        *        *     Request timed out.  25     *        *        *     Request timed out.  26     *        *        *     Request timed out.  27     *        *        *     Request timed out.  28     *        *        *     Request timed out.  29     *        *        *     Request timed out.  30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

C:\>

johnkellyryan

Serial Number 40124108164

Hi johnkellyryan,

The speeds, traceroute and IP are all fine there.

Can you just confirm that this is the Sure Signal serial number for the new Sure Signal? It appears to have been registered last year but your post seems to suggest you only just bought it.

Poor call quality can often be cause by a low Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) setting on the router. It's like a letterbox in that it will only allow through blocks of data up to a set size - anything bigger won't fit, so you lose chunks of the calls.

To avoid this, check that the MTU in the router settings is set to 1500. If it won't go this high, you need to set it to the highest available value.

Let me know if this helps.

Dave

The Sure Signal is ours, we brought it off ebay as no shop or on line had any and we needed one in a hurry so it may have been registered else where then unregistered and then its been registered with me.

The MTU was set to 0 and i have now changed it to 1500 so lets see what happens.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for the clarification johnkellyryan,

I can see the unit was deregistered and registered again at the start of this month. Can you report back with the results now that you've popped the MTU up to 1500? :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

Just checked and had my first call using the updated parameters as you suggested and everything works great, thanks guys.