Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Buying a Sure Signal

CherryTwo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Have planned to buy sure signal as our reception is so poor inside.  Just arranged for partner to replace his 7 year old phone with a 3G phone so it will work and now the Sure Signal has suddenly doubled in price.  It was £50, now £100.  We really need this to be able to use Vodafone but had budgeted for £50 - is there anywhere it is still available at that price?  thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi CherryTwo,

The only reason that the Sure Signal has increased in cost is because we've discontinued version 2 and now have a newly updated (smaller) version 3.  I don't believe that we still stock the version 2 anymore but if we have any left we'd be happy to honour the £50 charge for you. 

So that we can look at the options for you I've sent you a PM.  Please follow the instructions included in there and we'll be in touch with you.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Many thanks,

Phil

I have the same problem. The 3G coverage has deteriorated here in B14 and Voda Customer services suggested I buy a Sure Signal box for £50, but  I cannot find them for less than £100.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Hi heskethbang,

When you say the signal had deteriorated, was this a sudden change recently or something which had happened over time?

If it's possible it's down to a localised issue I'd like to see if we can sort that first, especially as paying nothing because we fix the issue would be the best option of all for you. Can I just get you to try our network troubleshooter first?

If once we've looked into this we can see there is no site issue to address, we can see what we can do from there for you.

Dave

You can find the older versions of SureSignal on eBay and other sites for anything around £25.

Just make sure, really sure, that the previous owner has unreigstered it, and you'll be fine.

Hi Dave

If you are regular on this forum you'll know that this has been ongoing since the summer. Then I switched to the iPhone 5 and the problem seemed even worse - so I switched iPhone 5's, changed the sim, tried using it out of the case, ran resets etc - same problem. I can get up to 3 bars of 3G in my office but the signal still seems unusable - people can't hear me due to call breakup, calls drop, texts don't always go through and often people have to call back on the landline in order to hold a legible conversation. When I switch 3G off the situation improves somewhat.

I and many others in B14 and surrounding postcodes have reported these problems via this forum and via 191 but nothing seems to get done. Now I am at the point where it's PAC Code and new network, or keep current tariff (which I'm very happy with) and Sure Signal.

For £100 a box it is cheaper for me to buy out a contract and join Three.

I'm awaiting a personal response from the techteam so we'll see what happens.