Support:

Vodafone Sure Signal

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
reggiesamuel

Re: Sure Signal - "Call Failed" error when making Outbound calls

James, Lee and team,

Thank you for attending to this incident promptly and efficiently.

You kept me informed at each stage of the analysis and fix.

You reset/refreshed the SAC yesterday and i confirm the sure signal is now working without issue in my office.

Excellent outcome.

Please do reference the apple airport extreme settings i shared earlier if required.

I'm aware that a number of users have reported problems interfacing the sure signal and airport extreme.

I confirm there is no inherent conflict.

Simply set a fixed LAN IP for the sure signal and then setup the required TCP and UDP port forwards to that address.

regards

Reggie Samuel

Message 341 of 621 (11,623 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi Reggie,

Fantastic news! Thanks for the kind words :smileywink:

James and I would really appreciate your thoughts on the way we handled your query and you can do it at this eForum Survey :smileywink:

Cheers,

Lee

Message 342 of 621 (11,649 Views)
Jezza_B

Hi

the "Contact Us" option isn't working, hence this email

we have the "Call Failed" issue despite full Sure SIgnal signal strength

please can you send me a private message with information on how to get in touch with the team directly?

thanks in advance

Message 343 of 621 (11,598 Views)
Annihilation

Hi the contact us page isn't working. Can you please pm me with the details required?
Message 344 of 621 (11,594 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hey guys,

Thanks for letting me know you're unable to use the Contact Us page.

I've sent you both a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can. Please ensure you use the template at the start of this thread :smileywink:

Cheers,

Lee

Message 345 of 621 (11,581 Views)
hooperman

Contacting you as advise in case of failed "Contact Us" page.

Message 346 of 621 (11,463 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi hooperman,

We received your email and we spoke regarding your issue yesterday.

Many thanks for your time on the phone yesterday.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 347 of 621 (11,443 Views)
TECTURAROB

I also have the same issue as the people above.

Sure signal light sequence looks OK.

My HTC  has full 3G signal when sure signal is on.

Outgoing call on HTC  = call failed.

Outgoing SMS/message = OK

Incoming call on HTC = OK

Incoming SMS/message = OK

This is possibly a Sure Signal SAC Issue.

Please can you assist?

Message 348 of 621 (11,272 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi TECTURAROB and welcome to the eForum

I’ll send you a private message that explains how you can get in touch with us so that we can look into this further for you.

You can find your PM inbox here

Thanks

Wayne

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 349 of 621 (11,253 Views)
zzang

hi

I have exactly the problem that is described in the first post. Inbound calls and internet are working fine, outbound calls result in “Call failed” error.

My postcode: N19 5JW

Sure Signal serial number: 40120209594

Message 350 of 621 (11,247 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi zzang,

Thanks for your post.

The issue which you are describing indicates that you are having an issue with the SAC (service area code) which needs to be updated.

So that we can do this for you I have sent you a quick PM, please follow the instructions on the PM and one of the team can get this requested for you.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

Message 351 of 621 (11,233 Views)
npc707

[ Edited ]

Can't make outbound callers. New Box. Tried resetting. Nothing. HTC Sensation phone.

Recipients, can see me dial in but then instantly dropped.

Post Code is N19 5NA

Message 352 of 621 (11,900 Views)
hooperman

Yesterday, I had to de-register my daughter's HTC Desire as she was unable to make calls while registered.

Message 353 of 621 (11,894 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
pseudonym8

[ Edited ]

I got a suresignal, I can receive calls and receive and send texts with it, but it won't allow me to make calls....

Message 354 of 621 (11,864 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

[ Edited ]

Hello pseudonym8,

Thanks for your post.

I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

Lee

Message 355 of 621 (11,506 Views)
goto

[ Edited ]

I cannot dial out.  I've got a new SIM and phone.  Re-booted my BT Home Hub, SureSignal and phones several times but still cannot dial out except for 1471.  I came across this on the eForum which sounds like my problem:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Sure-Signal-quot-Call-Failed-quot-error-when-mak...

Still unable to make outbound calls? There may be a compatibility issue with your Sure Signal and your Location information (also known as a SAC/LAC compatibility issue). A SAC (Service Area Code) corresponds to a serving cell on a mast and is used to determine the rough location of where a call is made, it's needed in order for the emergency services to know where a call has been made from. As a Sure Signal could be used anywhere in the country, it doesn't automatically come with a SAC included. The SAC is generated based on the postcode you enter when you register your Sure Signal initially, it's created based on the nearest cell to your location. In order for calls to be made, they must go over an MSC (Mobile Switching Centre). If the MSC doesn't have the SAC for your area included on its database then the call will fail. The reason for these issues is that some SACs are missing from the Sure Signal's MSC database. Recently an audit was carried out to ensure that the MSCs used for Sure Signal calls did contain all of the required SACs. For anyone who is still affected please post in this thread and we'll let you know how to contact us directly. George eForum Team

How do I contact you directly about this?

Message 356 of 621 (11,433 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Hi goto,

In order that we can take a look at this, can you post your Sure Signal serial number? We can use this to look into a number of things including this.

Can you also confirm when you got the new equipment and whether the Sure Signal was working prior to the switch for me? We have also been experiencing issues with new registrations which may have affected you when the equipment changed.

Dave

Message 357 of 621 (11,407 Views)
goto

Hello Dave,

My SureSignal serial number is: 21229648874

I got the SureSignal in late 2010, I think.  It replaced an earlier one that stopped working.

Not sure what you mean by "the switch" but the SureSignal has been working fine from 2010 until a few weeks ago when it stopped letting me dial out (apart from 1471).  It worked with my old phone and SIM and then stopped working. I got a new phone and new SIM hoping, and on Vodafone advice, that that may cure the problem.  It doesn't work with my new phone and new SIM either.  I can receive calls with the SureSignal and my wife can receive and make calls with it.  I can receive and make calls when I'm connected to a normal transmitter mast.  SureSignal's lights 1,2 & 4 are on solid.  I've re-booted it, the BT Home Hub 2 and my phones several times.  I'm told that the new SIM's number has been registered with the SureSignal database.

Thanks for looking in to this.

Message 358 of 621 (11,398 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi there goto,

Thanks for your post. It looks like we will need to change your Service Area Code (SAC) to get this working again.

I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

Lee

Message 359 of 621 (11,374 Views)
mc_snapper

This is exactly the problem we're getting.  Support on 191 hasn't been able to fix it and is suggesting a replacement box.  How can we check if it is this SAC/LAC problem?  The support technician didn't mention this at all, just suggested a reset which we'd already done.  Please let us know what we should do.  We got the Sure Signal when we upgraded because our reception is so bad in our house.  Now with the Sure Signal it's non-existant.  Phones ring once and then the call is dropped - consistently.

Message 360 of 621 (11,301 Views)