‘Call Failed’ error when making calls

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

This issue has the following symptoms:

For version 1 Sure Signal (the one with four lights on the front):

• Lights one, two and four are all solid
  • Incoming calls, texts and internet all work correctly
  • When making a call on a registered phone, the error ‘Call Failed’ or similar is displayed

For version 2 Sure Signal (the one with 3 lights on the front):

• The power and system lights are both solid
  • When making a call on a registered phone, the error ‘Call Failed’ or similar is displayed 

For version 3 Sure Signal (the plug in version):

• The power, internet and service lights are all solid and the in use light is either solid or flashing

Troubleshooting steps:

Check for planned maintenance:

Planned maintenance can cause periods of downtime, so check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Reset your Sure Signal:

For versions 1 and 2:

1. Hold in the reset button until all lights go solid
  2. Pull the power lead out with the reset button still pushed in
  3. Continue to hold down the reset button and reconnect the power lead
  4. Wait for all lights to come on and then release the reset button

For version 3:

1. Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.
  2. Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.
  3. Once the lights come back on, release the button.

The Sure Signal will be back online in around 1 hour.

If you’re still unable to make calls, there may be a compatibility issue with your Sure Signal and your location information (also known as SAC/LAC compatibility).

A SAC (Service Area Code) connects to a mast and is used to determine the rough location of where a call’s made. It's needed for the emergency services to know where a call was made from.

As a Sure Signal can be used anywhere in the country, it doesn't automatically come with a SAC. The SAC is generated based on the postcode you enter when registering your Sure Signal and it's created based on the nearest cell to your location.

In order for calls to be made, they must go over an MSC (Mobile Switching Centre). If the MSC doesn't hold the SAC for your area on its database, the call will fail.

The MSCs should now hold all SACs for Sure Signal calls. For anyone who is still affected please post in this thread and we can look into it further.

Thanks,

Jenny

686 REPLIES 686

Hi Reggie,

Fantastic news! Thanks for the kind words :Winking_smiley:

James and I would really appreciate your thoughts on the way we handled your query and you can do it at this eForum Survey :Winking_smiley:

Cheers,

Lee

Jezza_B
2: Seeker

Hi

the "Contact Us" option isn't working, hence this email

we have the "Call Failed" issue despite full Sure SIgnal signal strength

please can you send me a private message with information on how to get in touch with the team directly?

thanks in advance

Annihilation
Hi the contact us page isn't working. Can you please pm me with the details required?

Hey guys,

Thanks for letting me know you're unable to use the Contact Us page.

I've sent you both a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can. Please ensure you use the template at the start of this thread :Winking_smiley:

Cheers,

Lee

hooperman

Contacting you as advise in case of failed "Contact Us" page.

Hi hooperman,

We received your email and we spoke regarding your issue yesterday.

Many thanks for your time on the phone yesterday.

James

npc707

Can't make outbound callers. New Box. Tried resetting. Nothing. HTC Sensation phone.

Recipients, can see me dial in but then instantly dropped.

Post Code is N19 5NA

Yesterday, I had to de-register my daughter's HTC Desire as she was unable to make calls while registered.

pseudonym8
4: Newbie

I got a suresignal, I can receive calls and receive and send texts with it, but it won't allow me to make calls....

Hello pseudonym8,

Thanks for your post.

I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

Lee