Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Calls Failing

seob85
2: Seeker

Tried calling a few different numbers this morning, both landlines & mobiles All I get is a call fail message on my iphone. just tried tracerouting to 212.183.133.181 & only gets as far as 85.205.116.2, which is at least a vodafone address.

However, looking at the ip cache-flow on my router there is no communication between the IP address assigned to the Sure signal & the Vodafone network. Is their a problem on the Vodafone network?

Tracing route to 212.183.133.181 over a maximum of 30 hops

1     1 ms     3 ms     1 ms  10.10.10.1
  2    20 ms    18 ms    18 ms  host81-134-64-1.in-addr.btopenworld.com [81.134.
64.1]
  3    19 ms    18 ms    18 ms  213.120.182.141
  4    19 ms    18 ms    18 ms  213.120.161.82
  5    64 ms    18 ms    18 ms  217.41.222.30
  6    18 ms    20 ms    18 ms  217.41.222.178
  7    20 ms    18 ms    18 ms  acc1-10GigE-0-0-0-6.bm.21cn-ipp.bt.net [109.159.
248.82]
  8    32 ms    24 ms    27 ms  core2-te-0-15-0-7.ilford.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.
248.22]
  9    23 ms    22 ms    24 ms  peer1-xe1-1-0.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.2
54.136]
 10    29 ms    27 ms    27 ms  LNDGW2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
 11    25 ms    23 ms    24 ms  85.205.116.2
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK, after pairing the iphone with the Sure signal.

1 Turn off Wireless on the phone.

2 switch on airplane mode

3 place the phone directly on the SS for 15 minutes

4 turn off airplane mode whilst still on SS the & letting the phone sync with the SS (left for ~10 mins)

5.made a phone call with the wireless still off.

6 switch wireless back on & made another call

all seems fine now. 

thanks

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

seob85

spoke to Vodafone earlier, trying to find out if the problem was with the Sure signal or the mobile. Customer support think it's a phone issue, I think it's the sure signal. So, after pointing out to them how the Sure Signal works & that I couldn't see any traffic between the Sure Signal & Vodafone using ip cache flow on my cisco. They initiated a reset which they told me would take 2-3 hours, after about 15 mins it seemed to have reset, at least it was back the usual lights on the front. I then performed a factory reset on the sure signal & after that was completed rebooted my phone.

Absolutely no difference. So went for a walk, as soon as I was away from home & within reach of a cell, my phone worked fine, to numbers that had failed at home. So, it looks like the Sure signal. Another indicator is that every 10 mins or so when the phone indicator comes on for a few seconds, it now comes on for 10 mins or so, in fact it has been on for around 20 mins in this instance.

So, how do I get Vodafone to recognise it's a fault with the Sure Signal & not the phone? 

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi seob85

Thanks for your post. The traceroute appears to be normaol, there's no latency or missing hops so there should be no reason from this point of view why calls fail.

It would appear more to be a SAC issue if you're experiencing 'Call Failed' when making outbound calls only. Can you provide the Sure Signal serial number and we'll take a look for you?

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

the serial No is 40110944218, I've just spoken to corporate support again & after liaising with the Sure signal team he reported that Vodafone have been unable to see a signal from the sure signal for >24 hours. He said they would again try to resync the box. This time the lights flashed for less than 2 mins before stabilising. Still unable to make a call.

thanks

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi seob85,

As Simon mentioned, this does bear all the hallmarks of a SAC issue, so I've requested a SAC change for you and will let you know as soon as we hear back.

Dave

I've got another Sure signal from work. I'm going to try that & see what happens. I've de-registered the old one & registered the new one.

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi seob85,

As mentioned, the issue was not with the Sure Signal itself, but with how it was connecting with the network.

The change I requested has now been completed, so if you switch back to the original and re-register, this should pick up the changes for you and once it's done that you'll be good to go.

If not, then let us know once it's re-registered as we cannot perform a re-sync whilst it's de-registered.

I'd also suggest a factory reset to ensure everything has picked up correctly.

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I can't switch back to the original as I've swapped it with work. However, the replacement Sure signal is now in place & has exactly the same problem. Could you make the same changes for the box I now have registered please. It's serial No: is 40111636367. If you could do that as soon as possible please as it's now starting to become a major issue not having this working.

thanks

Stephen 

OK, just had another chat with the Sure Signal people & their level 3 engineers say it can't be a SAC issue as it initiates the call before failing. They've re-synced again, I've done a factory reset again & now pairing the iphone by placing it on the SS directly. Going to leave it for half an hour, before checking.

OK, after pairing the iphone with the Sure signal.

1 Turn off Wireless on the phone.

2 switch on airplane mode

3 place the phone directly on the SS for 15 minutes

4 turn off airplane mode whilst still on SS the & letting the phone sync with the SS (left for ~10 mins)

5.made a phone call with the wireless still off.

6 switch wireless back on & made another call

all seems fine now. 

thanks