cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can I have 2 registered Sure Signal boxes?

gillyelly
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Previously had the V2 which work recently replaced with the V3 so I put V2 into the house I'm about to move into as in there a lot decorating and I've registered the V3 at my current address. V2 works fine at the new address but V3 doesn't work at my current address. I've registered it but am getting the slow flashing Internet light constantly. Is this because I have the 2 boxes even though they are at two separate addresses?

My serial number for the V3 is 40131153914

Gillian
4 REPLIES 4

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Hi Gillian,

There is absolutely no problem having 2 Sure Signal registered to you, even if they were at the same address this shouldn't cause an issue.

It's most likely going to be a config issue. Have you tried following the steps in the Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue having completed these steps, post the template with your answers back here and the community/team can look into this further.

Nabs

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Because the suresignal creates an encrypted tunnel back to VF for your calls, it may be that your router does not allow 2 devices through.

If not already tried, what happens if you turn off the working SS, then reset the new one so it tries to connect for the 1st time again?

The Sure Signal boxes arent on the same router as they are at 2 different addresses. Anyway i've got it working, just came on itself about an hour later!

Nabs

It can sometime take a while to activate a new device when it's first connected.

Good to hear your up and running now!

Nabs