Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can I request a reset please

michaelnobbs
2: Seeker
Hello

My SS is successfully connected to Vodafone (lights, one, two and four lit and solid), but the two phones registered with the box are no longer able to connect.

Everything was working fine until I changed my router. On plugging into the new router the SS went through its connection process, connecting successfully with Vodafone but my phones could no longer connect to the SS. I tried reconnecting to the original router, again the SS went through the process of connecting itself with Vodafone successfully but still the phones can not connect.

I've tried factory resting the SS and and deregistering it and deregistering it in my account. I've also tried switching airplane mode on and off on my phones and removing and reinserting the SIMs.

The position now is that it's connected to my original router (BT Home Hub), has the first, second and fourth lights lit but neither of the registered phones (an iPhone 5 and and iPhone 4S can connect).

Is is possible for you to reset things at your end?

The SS serial number is 21197242478

With thanks for any help you can offer.

11 REPLIES 11

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi michaelnobbs,

I’ve checked our systems and can see that your Sure Signal connected to our servers just after 7pm last night. Are you now able to successfully connect to it?

To make sure your Sure Signal is as up to date as possible, I’ve just resynced it for you. To make sure the resync completes, can you perform a factory reset:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks

Andrew

If you have the time, would you be able to complete a short feedback survey for me? You can find it here and it’ll go to ensuring I’m offering the best service I can.

Hello Andrew

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Unfortuantely your resync and my factory resetting the SS hasn't solved the problem. 

The SS still has the first, second and fourth lights lit but still neither of the phones are able to connect.

Any other ideas?

With thanks

Michael

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi michaelnobbs

That light sequence suggestes that the Sure Signal is updating or dowloading your profile, how long have you not been able to make calls?

If the issue still persists could you possible test the SS with a dfferent inetenton connectiom?

Thanks

Sukhi

Hello Sukhi

Are you sure? I thought that solid 1, 2 and 4 lights indicated that the SS was successfully connected and broadcasting a 3G signal? 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Sure-Signal-Correct-Lights-on-but-not-Picking-up...

It been about five days since I've been able to make calls. What happened is explained in my first post above.

I will see if I can test it with another Interent connection, but as far as I know nothing has changed with my Internet conection.

I tested the SS on a friend's Internet connection last night with the same results as on my connection: The box appears to connect showing the first, second and fourth lights lit and solid, but my phone doesn't connect to it.

Does this point to the box itself being faulty? 

What is my next step?

Hi michaelnobbs,

Thanks for coming back to us.

If the VSS is showing it's in a working state but you're unable to get 3G from it, it would suggest there may be a problem with your phone or SIM.

Can you connect to other VSS'? Will your phone/SIM pick up 3G when you're out of range of the Sure Signal?

Thanks,

LeeH

michaelnobbs
Yes, the phone connects fine to 3G elsewhere.

As I said above, this isn't a problem just with one phone, but two. They both stopped connecting at the same time, doesn't this suggest a problem with the SS???

Hi michaelnobbs,

If both phones are connecting to 3G once you’re out of range of the Sure Signal, and you get the same issue when trying the Sure Signal on a different connection, it does tend to indicate that the Sure Signal may be faulty. The next step would be to send it for repair. You can find more information on the process here.

Hi Pineau,

I can see your Sure Signal connected to our servers yesterday at 19:58. To make sure it’s up-to-date, I’ve just resynced it for you. To make sure the resync completes, can you perform a factory reset:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks

Andrew

Had same issue with my SS, deregistering and regregistering it sorted it out. Only takes a few minutes so worth a try (make note of the phone numbers you've added to it first so you can quickly add them back).