cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can I see who has used my Sure Signal? Dashboard History?

steveng
4: Newbie

I have a Sure Signal version 2, and sometime I notice that the signal light and call connected light are both on, as it is when somebody is connected to the Sure Signal. However, I only have my phone and my wife's phone registered to use it, and I know for sure that neither of us was using it.

I also know that neither phone was making a data connection, ssince both were connected to the home WiFi.

I went on to the Sure Signal dashboard in my Vodafone account and double checked the phones permitted. I also saw a section on "Sure Signal history" in the Sure Signal Dashboard, which sounded like the place to go. However, this page always has an error saying 

"Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes."

Well, I have tried day after day, and still the same.

So, does the Sure Signal history section of the site actually work?

Can I find out who has connected to and used my Sure Signal?

Why is the light on when nobody is using it?

Can Vodafone write half decent troubleshooting, since the troubleshooting page for the V2 does not have half the light combinations that I observe?

2 REPLIES 2

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

A Sure Signal is not like a Wi Fi router that can be seen by any device. It will only work with phone numbers that have been registered to it via the Vodafone website. The number of the Sure Signal owner wqorks by default and other numbers have to be registered by the owner.

I've never look at the history of my own device so I cannot comment on whether that works or not but I do know what numbers I have authorised to use it.

I also know friends who have Sure Signals and as my number is not registered to their device my phone doesn't pick it up.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

The only devices able to connect to it are those phone numbers listed in the users.

If there are only your number as the owner, and your wife as the additional user, then it would be one of your handsets.

Maybe there is various amounts of handshaking needed so the network knows if you are still in range of the suresignal for incoming call purposes.