Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can I set a static IP on my sure signal

beilimawr
2: Seeker

Hi can anybody talk me through how to set a static IP on my sure signal, My network wont work with DHCP so the only way to get it to get it going is with a static IP. I get no help whatsoever from the vodafone tec help!

4 REPLIES 4

beilimawr

Hi can any body help me my network only works with static ip addresses is there any way to set a static ip on a suresignal

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi beilimawr,

You’ll need to assign a static IP to your Sure Signal's MAC address by using your router's configuration panel.

Please contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or router manufacturer for instructions on how to do this. We don't have the details for specific routers due to the wide range available.

The MAC address can be found on the sticker at the back of the Sure Signal.

Dave

Hello,

I am having the same issue. I need to set the sure signal up on astatic IP, I have been given the details of the static IP but cant find the details on the sure signal and how to set this up. Please could you help?

I cant see the MAC address on the box and i'm using a v3 sure signal.

Thanks,

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)
The only way to assign a static IP to a suresignal is through DHCP from the issung router/server. Most new home routers have an option to assign an IP address to a MAC address within the web interface.