Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can I use 2 Sure signals in one location

chinashaw
1: Seeker

HI,

I wondered if I could use 2 Sure signals in one location. Unfortunately I live in an old house and one unit works nicely in the main area but my office is up some stairs and even though it is closer than other rooms, there is no signal.

So I was thinking of getting another unit and putting it in the office but don't want to drop £100 only to find I can use just one unit per location.

Thanks,

Nicholas

6 REPLIES 6

Apple_Fanboy
13: Advanced Member

Hi Chinashaw

Having multiple SureSignals in one location can work, You may need to do some tweeking on your router to get them setup however.

The only issue i can see is the handover (when moving out of range from one and into range from another) may not work and could cause your calls to drop out.

Hope this helps

Hi.

Thanks for that, I am not too worried about a handover, I will tend to sit and use it in the office but thanks for the heads up on that.

With regard to your router point, why do you think I will have to set up something special? Is this because the 2 units could clash with each other on their chosen ports?

Thanks,

Nicholas

it maybe work if you have internet that can handle two sure signals i think with two will take 6mb of your download speed or up to 10mb depends on how many numbers use it

Hi @chinashaw 

There's no reason why two devices should cause a problem, providing your internet speeds are high enough. 

You can check your speed test results here.

For each Sure Signal version 3, we recommend at least 4.13Mbps. 

Thanks, 

Kay

For info, I have a V1 and a V2 working fine through the same router. However, I do keep getting texts asking me to change the postcode of the second device as VF seem to think you only need one at each postcode!

Can you please stop sending the texts

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jakecat

It's not recommended to use two Sure Signals on the same router and each one can have 32 numbers assigned to it.

Please provide the Sure Signal serial numbers and we'll take a look at this end.

DaveCD