Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't Add Suresignal Administrator

TheBFG
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My story is essentially the same as this post: http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Can-t-Add-Suresignal-Administrator/td-p/1434050 (which is resolved, but without telling us exactly how).

Since my SIM card has been replaced my phone is no longer connecting to my SureSignal (v1), so in order to try to fix that the advise appears to be to unregister it, and then register it again.
As part of that process I'm trying to make my wife's number the administrator of this SureSignal (so I can make my own number a normal user, and remove it before re-registing it). That process fails with the error message below. I've tried this various times from 2 different machines with 3 different browsers, over 2 days, all with the same result.

Details:

I follow the steps:

Click Manage/Create Administrator

-> tick the user I want (number ending 896)

-> click Continue

-> enter email adress

-> click Continue

-> then I get the below error message. (redacted name, number and email for security)

Sure Signal Serial Number: 21223477635

Sorry - we're unable to process your request right now. It won't take us long to fix this issue. Please try again later.

L*** ****s447******896L***@L*******.com

Invalid JMS Request Format: validation error: #cvc-elt.3.1 Element "{http://xmlns.vodafone.co.uk/map/til/Common/CommonObjects/ACLM}msisdn" is not nillable. ({com.tibco.xml.validation}COMPLEX_E_ELEMENT_NOT_NILLABLE) at /add:AddAdminRoleToMemberRequest[1]/add:Initiator[1]/aclm:Id[1]/aclm:msisdn[1]

6 REPLIES 6

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi TheBFG,

Welcome to the eForum. :Smiling:

Looking at that serial number, I can't see any de-registration requests. However, I've performed a manual resync from this end which has the same effect if you've got a new SIM.

Can you now:

• Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button.

The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour. Let me know if you need a hand with anything else. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

EDIT: Ignore this post, events have overtaken this already so please refer to the next post

Hi Ben,

Thanks for that, but unfortunately no change.

Note first of all that I had indeed not tried to de-register yet. My original plan was to add another administrator, then have that administrator remove myself as a user and re-add it afterwards, which I believe was the advise in various posts that I read - but I got stuck even on the first step of adding another admin, so never got to unregister anything.

Anyway, sounds like your option should have achieved the same, but unfortunately there is no change. I've done the reset action 3 times:

+ Around 16:40 GMT, using the full "keep reset button pressed, remove power cord, replug power, release reset button when lights show" routine.

+ Again some time between 18:30 GMT and 19:00 GMT the full routine

+ And then around 22:15 GMT the steps you gave (so only the reset button)

On all occasions lights 1, 2 and 4 come back into action after a few minutes, but the phone keeps not picking up any signal (and still doesn't after an hour or longer, hence the 2nd and 3rd attempt).

Any other ideas/thoughts?

Many thanks,

Emiel

Oops, I appear to have done what I was trying to avoid by adding another admin...

When trying to make something happen (sorry...), I did manage to remove myself as as user (and only admin) of this SureSignal (serial 21223477635), and now I really can't do anything anymore.

When I try to reregister the SureSignal it (correctly) says that it is already in use, but since there are no admin accounts on it anymore there is no way to move on from here.

Any chance the whole thing can be unregistered so I can regegister it again from stratch?

Thanks again,

Emiel

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi TheBFG,

Thanks for the update.

The person with Admin rights is the mobile number ending 427. Is this you?

If you can't deregister the Sure Signal using this information, find out how to get in contact with us here.

Thanks

Ian

I've never seen a number ending in (or containing) 427 registered on this SureSignal, so that's definitely not me.

In fact, my phonebook shows I only have 1 contact number that even contains "427", and that's somebody on the other side of the world, so definitely never added to my SS.

Until a couple of days ago the only registered number on it was my own (ending 517) - as administrator, and Monday night I added my wife's (ending 896) as a user. I had problems upgrading that new user to admin when this thing started.

Now when I log on with my wife's (-896) account she's just showing as a user on this SS, but can't do any admin tasks. When I log on myself it doesn't show me being registered on this SS at all (after I managed to remove myself last night). So there's no way to deregister the SS for me, and I'll follow up on the PM.

Many thanks once again,

Emiel

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Emiel,

Thanks for the update; we’ve got your email and will be with you as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Andy