Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't add new user to Sure SIgnal

phend
2: Seeker

Hi - I have a sure signal box that I believe id already registered. None the less.. ive now registered to my current account. Ive gone on to add new users also, but it has only allowed me to add my partners mobile number.

When going to add mine - is it a case that my number is automatically added under the fact it is my account? Or do i need to add myself? When i try, the follow message is received.

Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

• Sorry. You can only add users who have a Vodafone mobile phone number. This will start with 07, and have 11 digits.
  • You're already added this person to your Sure Signal. If you'd like to add someone else, please choose another person.

Can you assist.

thanks kindly

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Seemingly the account you register the sure signal box too ultimatically adds your current number too - hence the duplication notice.

thanks anyhow

Pete

gtrpenguin

Please help!  I have just registered a recently purchased Sure Signal which works fine with my mobile.  However when I try to register additional users I get an "Error invoking portlet "VAPGatewayController"" message together with lots of script.  Have tried entering numbers in the 447 format rather than 07 and cleared cache and cookies but to no avail.  Is there any other way I can register additional Vodafone mobile numbers?

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi gtpenguin

We can help with this. Get in touch here and we'll add the users for you :).

Thanks

Sukhi

gtrpenguin

Sukhi

Details sent as requested but I've heard nothing since.  Can you respond?  Tried to add users again this morning and still no joy.  Not very impressed so far.....

Hi gtrpenguin,

I can see we replied over the weekend and we've got your latest email in our queue. We'll be in touch to get this sorted for you.

In the meantime, there's a couple of things you may wish to try to help clear things up online. I had a similar issue with mine a while back and was able to sort it this way.

Clear the cache:

- Close all browser windows and tabs.

- Open a new window to any site other than ours.

- Clear the browser history (temporary internet files and cookies) to remove any old errors.

- Type in the URL www.vodafone.co.uk/myaccount - don't follow any links or bookmarks.

- Try logging in again.

Reset the password:

- On the login screen, click the link to reset a forgotten password.

- Follow the steps listed in the email you receive.

- Try logging in again with the new password.

Dave