Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't add new user to Sure Signal/pending_admin/pending_owner

Mash4077
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've recently tried to set up a Sure Signal V2 which has been sitting idle (as it wouldn't work with the last BB router I had) but after having installed a new BB router (BT HH 4) lone behold the thing works!

Now the next problem, the existing numbers appear to work OK but they been registered for around two years but I can't add any new numbers (user available showing as "user" but no service on phone) or change administrator (pending_admin) or set new owner (pending_owner). All of the numbers on this account and sure signal belong to my account.

The serial number of the Sure Signal is 4020121146.

Does this need to be resynced?

How can I change the "pending_admin" and "pending_owner" status?

The website instructions ask to login to "My Sure Signal" but there is no option after that to "accept" these changes.

Please help, after weeks of frustation when I bought this in 2012, I might be close to getting the thing to actually work.

6 REPLIES 6

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Mash4077,

When you change the ownership the new owner should have an email with a link in it to accept the transfer.

Also, can you double check the serial number as it’s not showing as being recognised.

James

Hi James,

I do receive an email and it suggests that I visit the website as follows...

"***** ********** has asked you to become the owner of their Vodafone Sure Signal in postcode **** *****. To accept, go to vodafone.co.uk/myaccount, log in and go to My Sure Signal at the top of the page"

When I return to the website there is nothing to accept for either the change of ownership or administrator. I'm also not able to add the phone numer which ends in 547 which is the my main account number.

I've also checked the serial number and it's 401201211146 not as previously posted.

Sorry let me try that serial number again...

Hi Mash4077,

Thanks for supplying that extra information.

I can see that the Sure Signal connected to the server yesterday at 23:14.

Also the number ending 547 is shown as the owner.

Are you still having issues?

Thanks

Ian

1. Yes there are still pending_admin and pending_owner changes to be "accepted" How do I clear these?

2. I can't add the ....547 number it returns the an error message about not being a Vodafone number.

3. I can add other Vodafone numbers and they add as "users" but are not given service.

Hi Mash4077,

1. If you log into the current owner account you can cancel the requests from there.

2. The "owner" number for the Sure Signal is registered automatically. You don't need to add it. 

3. Do you have service on any registered numbers?

If not, what lights are you seeing on the Sure Signal now?

If you can, what phones are the affected numbers on? Do they have 3G switched on?

Dave