Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't add user to Sure Signal

andrewbond88
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have registered a Sure Signal which is now active with users added to it, but I have changed the administrator to a different user since registering it.

I'd now like to add the previous administrator account as a user but I am seeing:

Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

• Sorry. You can only add users who have a Vodafone mobile phone number. This will start with 07, and have 11 digits.
  • You're already added this person to your Sure Signal. If you'd like to add someone else, please choose another person.

The user I'm trying to add doesn't appear in the list of users and the number is correct.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Success!! Thanks. As my problems are now resolved I dont of course now need forum alerts but nice to know they will happen if required.

RobForsyth

View solution in original position

22 REPLIES 22

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi andrewbon88

Welcome to the eForum :).

Can you confirm you've tried all the steps mentioned here?

Thanks

Sukhi

Yes, I've read that and confirmed the Sure Signal is able to add any other users, but the previous admin of the device is unable to be added as a user.

I have a feeling that because that number was an admin previously, it is still added to the device, but it is not appearing in the list of users.

Perhaps you could confirm to me in a private message the list of users on my device.

Hi andrewbond88,

To do this we will need to confirm a few bits of security with you directly first.

You can see how to contact the team directly here.

James

my wifes mobile is added as a user to my sure signal but does not connect. What can i do?

Hi robforsyth,

Can you confirm your Sure Signal serial number please?

I’ve checked the one from your post here but there’s only one number registered against it.

If it’s the wrong serial number, try a factory reset to see if that fixes it for you.

To reset your unit:-

• Find the button on the base of the unit next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around one hour

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks,

Andrew

Dear Andrew

Sorry for not replying. We went abroad and details were at home. The reason my wife cannot connect is because she does not have a 3G phone! This is being rectified.

Meanwhile you may be able to help with another problem redy for when she gets it. The VSS she will use (serial number 40133495735 ) only works intermittently. After several weeks use I would say it works less than 50% of the time. It justs drifts in and out of sync with the broadband.  I switched it off when we went away on 24 Oct and since  return yesterday it has not re-connected yet so am about to phone and ask for a reset at your end. I have done one my end twice.

On the other hand my VSS (serial number 40124161148) works well with only the occasional drop off (normally when you want to make a call!) and re-connected immediately on being switched on.) If this continues it would imply that the first VSS is not functioning correctly? How do I go about exchanging it?

Thanks for your help RobForsyth

Hi robforsyth, 

I can see the Sure Signal ending 735 hasn't connected to our servers since the 24th October. 

Are both of these Sure Signals used in the same property? I'll do a resync for you, please also do a reset to complete the process. 

If this doesn't work please try the Sure Signal at a different location (friend/family member) so we can rule out any faults. 

Let us know how you get on, 

Kay

Both the VSS are used in different parts of the same property. The one marked 'office' works mainly OKJ and has been online until this morning when I repalced it it for the one marked 'maureen desk - ends 753)' - which has rarely worked - as a test as you suggest. As we speak 'maureen office' is a steady power light and flashing white (first one of the three) connection light. Perhaps you could do a resync on it. 

just checked 'maureens desk' VSS and it is in sync. So the unti works. if you did a re-sync I would ne interested at what time i.e. was it the re-sync or chnage of venue. This is relative because in its original position it was connected to a dlink to the mains broadband path whereas relocated into my office it is conected direct to the router.

BTW although I have checked the box asking for an email when someone replies I dont get any emails. I have to keep checking for messages. Might be something your end?

RobForsyth