Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't add user to Sure Signal

andrewbond88
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have registered a Sure Signal which is now active with users added to it, but I have changed the administrator to a different user since registering it.

I'd now like to add the previous administrator account as a user but I am seeing:

Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

• Sorry. You can only add users who have a Vodafone mobile phone number. This will start with 07, and have 11 digits.
  • You're already added this person to your Sure Signal. If you'd like to add someone else, please choose another person.

The user I'm trying to add doesn't appear in the list of users and the number is correct.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Success!! Thanks. As my problems are now resolved I dont of course now need forum alerts but nice to know they will happen if required.

RobForsyth

View solution in original position

22 REPLIES 22

Hi robforsyth, 

Thanks for letting us know it's working. We didn't do a resync so it will be down to the location change. 

You need to update your email address in your profile to receive the alerts. 

Thanks, 

Kay

My email address in my profile has always been correct and has not changed. I have checked my spam box and no alerts in it so for some reason they are not being sent from your end.

I am becoming increasingly frustrated by the reliability of VSS units. 40133495735 was relocated amd worked as I reported until sometime this morning and has now gone on the blink. The Power light & 3rd light (connection - solid orange)  were the only ones on. I did a factory re-set and it has been searching for a connection for last few hours. 

Download speed 21mbps upload 11mbps so lots of speed. It is getting the connection via dlinks on the mains and possibly these units are too sensitive to changes in mains voltage? Anyway I expect more reliability from something sold for £100 and advertised as a plug in. What do you suggest I do?

RobForsyth 

Both units now working. Its very bad for the nerves!

Hi robforsyth,

I’m glad it’s working again.

Please let us know if it goes on the blink again.

James

3 days later and still working. They are obvioulsy sensitive creatures and like to remain on one place and stay switched on. 

I am still not getting email alerts for replies to this forum although the box is ticked and I have double checked my email address and nothing going into spam box. Any ideas on that?

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi robforsyth

It's great to know that it's still working :).

In regards to forum alerts are you referring to just this thread? You would only receive an alert when a new post has been added. I hope that clears things up for you rather than confusing you :).

Thanks

Sukhi 

The 2 x VSS still working. Will not report further unless they go down! :smileyhappy:

Re Alerts - I presumed that when you reply to my post or someone else does then I should get an alert? I have checked the box saying 'Email me when someone replies' but I never get an email. ::smileysad:

Yrs Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the update, it’s great to see both your Sure Signals are still working.

You should get an alert, yes.

Each time someone replies to a thread you’ve posted in, you’ll get an email.

Have you changed your email address from the one you registered on the forum with?

Cheers,

Andrew

haven't changed my address but thought I would try re-registering in case somehting had happened but cannot do this because rsponse was 'cannot change email address as that address is banned'!! not 'in use' but banned! Can you investigate please (Email address removed for security)

Hi robforsyth,

I’ve had a look into this for the email address we’ve removed from your post.

It’s likely, at some point, you clicked on a ‘decline marketing’ message which placed your email address on a ban list.

I’ve removed the ban and also updated your email address which has sent a verification email to you.

Once you’ve got this and clicked on the link, let me know how you go on with the post alerts.

Thanks,

Andrew