Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't call out or receive calls despite showing good signal

Poorservice
1: Seeker

My Phone shows that I have a signal and all seems well when I try to make a call sometimes the phone is dead.  I have discovered that it will not receive incoming call either rather it goes straight to my voice mail.  This is not good as it is a business phone and I’m using one net so you have my landline number.  This has been going on for over a year now. I am loosing business with this phone and I now what out of this contract.

I have done the following to try and resolve this issue.

I have exchanged the sure signal device for another one

This has resulted in no change.

I have changed the location of the sure signal device to be more central in the house (I work from home)

The coverage is slightly better but still not good enough to cover my studio.

The Sure Signal box has been reset countless times

This results in around eighteen to twenty hours of no signal while it resets and a subsequent loss of business.

I have Apple do a diagnostic check on my phone

There did not appear to be a problem with it.

I have changed the Sim Card twice (That’s three Sim Cards)

No Change there

I have reset the phone to manufacturers default settings

No change there.

I have done countless hard resets

No change there

I have had to reset net work settings three times

No change there

I used to get a delay when a call came in of around three seconds resulting in lost calls

One net changed the call set up to a different system resulting in the words “Transferring your call now” to all of my clients calling me. It’s far from ideal.

I have changed my Virgin modem settings to give the sure Signal Box a dedicated IP address

I think the line is slightly clearer but cannot be sure.

I am now left with the following problems

My phone can be showing a signal and looking good but it can be dead for calling out or receiving signals for a period of time.

I am at the whims and mercy of the sure signal updates or whatever it is that cause the box to loose its signal.

I am now going to get my phone to the Apple Technicians for an examination tomorrow 29th February and as I suspect it’s not my phone ask them for a report in writing.

You will then have two choices resolve my problems immediately or I will be forced into legal action.

The bottom line is I want and need a reliable phone line.

I have been extremely patient with Vodaphone and have tried all reasonable methods to resolve this. I would like to come out of contract with Vodaphone entirely you have a 12 moths of my money and have cost me a fortune in lost business.  I think it is only fair that you consider this

Since sending this email earlier today, my wife came home tonight and could not make a call with her I phone 4 also on my contract, she then tried her Blackberry and that did the same refused to call out went dead although it was showing a full signal.

This proves it is not my phone at fault

Now I was about to go and pay for my phone to be examined by Vodaphone  it would have cost me and would have taken a long drive and several hour out of my day for nothing.

29th January 2013 I have now been asked to turn off my wifi on my phone.

Preposterous as it sound I have done so, bur when my wife came home from work this evening I asked to examine it guess what it is not connected to the wifi at home it does not have the wifi security code.  This bows this daft theory out of the window

30th January 2013 I have no been told to call back in a day or two as the Sure Signal database is still down.

This almost unbelievable can you imagine them telling Mclaren to hold the race as the logo for the car wasn’t ready!

4th January Phone has been locked again good signal showing can’t call out or receive calls

Phoned Vodaphone so they could diagnose problem as it is happening, guess what they did nothing.

6th January Vodaphone now going to send letter of deadlock

They are dragging the problem out longer furthermore they say I have full use of my phone are they mad, stupid or just ignorant.

And Vodaphone customer services answer to all of this is “call 191”
What do they think I’ve been doing?

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi 

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt