You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

Can't make calls through SureSignal today

I can't make outbound calls through my SureSignal this morning. It's status looks fine (power and network lights on) and my phone claims to have full signal strength, but when I try to make a call it just ends immediately. Note that the 'in use' light on the SureSignal does not come on when I do this. I've tried a mobile, home phone and even 191 and all are the same.

When I phone my mobile from a landline, my mobile rights very briefly then cuts out and the landline is diverted to my voicemail.

This was all working beautifully before. I've made no network changes. My broadband speed is still excellent (24ms ping, 49.49 Mbps downstream, 4.82 Mbps upstream).

I unplugged the SureSignal and (standing by an upstairs window to get signal) was able to make calls from my mobile - so this is definitely a SureSignal issue. After plugging the SureSignal back in and waiting for it to restart, the problem has returned.

SureSignal serial number 40121483115. Please help!

Message 1 of 69 (14,109 Views)
Matt
Topics: 5,735
Solutions: 5,353

Re: Can't make calls through SureSignal today

Hi

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Thanks

Matt

eForum Team

Message 2 of 69 (14,106 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster

[ Edited ]

This cannot be a coincidence.

My client's office can't make calls either for all those registered with the sure signal (including me).

They use BB, I use HTC so it's not a phone issue.

Same symptoms, with full signal strength but calls cannot be made or received.

We are currently resetting the SS (Mk1 - Serial 21231316320), but I have my doubts how helpful this is going to be.

Was there a system update overnight, perhaps?

Myles

Message 3 of 69 (14,105 Views)

Hi - I've got exactly the same - so cannot be our handsets. 

Message 4 of 69 (14,094 Views)
Ben_H
Topics: 202
Solutions: 395

Hi folks,

I've been made aware that some Sure Signal users will need to restart their units after an upgrade that was performed yesterday/last night on 17th July. 

• Reboot your Router / Modem
Turn off your Router or Modem at the wall for 10 seconds, then turn it back on. Wait for the lights on your Modem/Router to indicate an internet connection has been established, and then press the Reset button on the Sure Signal.

• Factory Reset

Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 secs) keeping the reset button held down, remove then reinsert the power lead, once all lights display release the reset button. The Sure signal will come online in around 1 hour maximum.  

Please let me know if you're still experiencing issues after following these instructions.

Cheers, Ben

Message 5 of 69 (14,088 Views)

[ Edited ]

Matt,

I did look at the Troubleshooting guide, but the closest thread there mentioned outgoing calls only (my incoming calls are affected too) and discussed SAC/LAC compatibility issues that were not a problem for me previously - meaning that if my problem is SAC/LAC then Vodafone must have made an incorrect change to their database recently. Wouldn't it be more common for a SAC/LAC issue to affect initial set up than to cause a new problem on a previously-working SS? I have, however, posted to that (400+ post) thread too. Unfortunately, I don't have time to read all of the posts there (nor do I feel that I should have to).

Ben,

Thanks - currently waiting for reset process to complete. I will post back with results later.

David

Message 6 of 69 (14,054 Views)

Hi Ben_H,

I have the old style sure signal and I have tried both the reboot and reset and it behaves differently to as you suggest.

When I hold down the reset button after about 6 seconds all the lights come on. they stay on while I hold the button for as long as i hold it. (Got bored after 2 mins).

When I release it, it resets, when the internet '@' light starts to flash I hold the reset button down and again after 6 seconds all the lights come on. They stay on for as long as I hold it. While holding the button, I unplug and replug. The power light comes on and after 10 or 15 seconds all the lights cycle once and then back to just the power light. I have held it down for another 2 mins or so and nothing. Once released it logs in normally with lights 1 2 and 4 coming on but still call failed.

Any help please?!?

Message 7 of 69 (14,049 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster

Somewhere someone posted that there was a software update last night.

I have spent over an hour just registering for this forum(even though I can access all my Vodafone stuff online!!)

I have now rebooted my router and suresig gives me a 3G message as before, but just like you, I cannot make a call or access voicemail. Text works though!

Any ideas?

Message 8 of 69 (14,047 Views)

I have exactly the same problem.  Have original SS and have tried a factory reset with no change - still cannot make calls!

My serial number is 21222172310.

Please let us know how we can resolve this issue!

Message 9 of 69 (14,031 Views)

Turned off everything and turned back on again. £G shows full signal, but no calls or voicemail, but text works.
Peter
Message 10 of 69 (14,026 Views)

I'm having the same problem as everyone else.  I think I have the new sure signal (small, rounder shape) and your factory reset instructions didn't really reflect reality - never got all three lights to come on (they might have momentarily flickered on) so I pulled the plug after a coupleof minutes.  It's now sitting with power light on and system/signal light flashing.  What does this mean?

Message 11 of 69 (14,003 Views)

Yes Ben. Still problems.
Just have 4 text messages to say I have Voicemail, but it cannot be accessed.
Can you give this top priority please? Those of us who use Suresignal do so because we cannot get a usable signal on ANY network.
I changed to Vodafone for this reason alone, but still at least 30% of the time, I have no signal .
I have had promises by the tech team to call me on a BT line, but in all cases they failed to make the call when scheduled.
Now I have found this forum, I can see that there are others in the same boat.
Come on Ben don't go to lunch till this is sorted.
Peter
Message 12 of 69 (13,983 Views)

[ Edited ]

Factory reset completed on the v1 and still no calls possible, despite full local signal and a green system light.
Looks as though it might be a bigger issue.
I won't be able to check my own SSv2 until tonight, so I can't provide feedback if this post-reboot failure is isolated to the v1

Message 13 of 69 (13,980 Views)

i've gone through all the trouble shooting and my iphone still has call failed, it works fine when i'm not on the sure signal

Message 14 of 69 (13,972 Views)

Same problem here. Outbound calls get 'Call Failed'. Inbound calls, the phone rings once and then the call fails. Tried the instructions given here with no luck. Very frustrating.

Message 15 of 69 (13,971 Views)

Same problem for me in Cambridge. Called vodafone and they said all is fine with the suresignal and they have no reported issues!!

Message 16 of 69 (13,950 Views)

I have posted in the other thread for this also but I can confirm that I like many people have the same issue and the above instructions have made no difference at all

Message 17 of 69 (13,925 Views)

[ Edited ]

Everything is reset, my SureSignal is showing a 'good' status (power light + network light solid), I have full signal on my mobile, and...

ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGE FROM BEFORE.

I can't make outgoing calls from my mobile. The call fails immediately.

Incoming calls to my mobile cut off immediately (as soon as it starts to ring).

Like others, I can send and receive texts and 3G works fine. This issue appears to be with calls only.

I hope that you genuinely believed that the reset procedure would fix things, but I would really like an update on when the problem (which is clearly due to last night's Vodafone 'update' and appears to be affecting many users) will be fixed. I'm well aware that 'turning if off and then on again', The IT Crowd-style, does fix many issues in small networked devices with buggy firmware - but I believe there's something more serious wrong here.

David

Message 18 of 69 (13,924 Views)

[ Edited ]

I too have been having exactly the same problems as others here, have reset my modem and sure signal as per instructions. Have even completed a factory rest of my mobile, again all to no avail.

I cannot make nor receive any calls at all, the behaviour is exactly the same as the ones experienced by people above.

Please WILL someone sort this, I work from home and really need my mobile to do my work

Andy

Message 19 of 69 (13,913 Views)

It would be helpful to all of us if Vodafone could confirm that they have a problem and are working on it, since nothing any of us do at our end is helping.  Could you please just do that so we can get back to work until we hear from you?  Thanks.

Message 20 of 69 (13,909 Views)